A view of Vadakkencherry town
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 4922|
|Vehicle registration||KL-9, KL-49|
|Nearest city||Thrissur (33 km away)|
Palakkad (34 km away)
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alathur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tharoor|
Vadakkencherryis a town, village and gram panchayat in the Palakkad district, state of Kerala, India. It is situated in Thrissur-Palakkad route (NH-544), at almost the same distance from both cities. It is a part of Alathur Taluk, and is a major commercial centre. It is usually confused with Wadakkancherry, a town having similar name, but situated in Thrissur district. So, the name is shown as 'Vadakkencherry-Malabar' in many important books.
The Main Temple
The main village street is divided into two retta(two) theruvu and otta(one) theruvu. The Main Lakshmi Narayana Perumal Temple is situated in the upper platform of the village at the end of the retta theruvu, facing east as per vasthu sastra. The most important festival is Navaratri, with festivities peaking on Ekadasi day (11th day) in a grand celebration.
- College of Applied Science, Vadakkencherry
- Cherupushpam Girls HSS
- "About Villages and Revenue Department – Palakkad". Palakkad NIC. 17 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Vadakkencherry Village". Local Government Directory. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "VADAKKANCHERI-VILLAGE PANCHAYAT". Panchayat Portals. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "Welcome to temples of God's Own Country".
- "Vaddakenchery Grama Brahmana Samooham".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vadakkencherry.|