This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
The Radha Krishna Temple built in the 19th century AD, with Shri. Narayan Paranjape as the first head priest then is a must visit. A Mela (yatra) is celebrated in the month of April in the faith of Bahiri Dev. Procession of Bahiri Dev is arranged. A Traditional competition of raising Kathi is held. Most senior ctizens from Patil Family came to Vadhav for stayinga they have their KULDEV THANKESHWAR in Kamble Ali. Temple has been made in which six Lord ancient stone idols with Lord Shiva are seen.A Grand Festival is celebrated on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
This village is 8 km away from Pen city. The total area of this village is 29,900 hectares. 4,900 hectares of land are cultivable, 2,500 hectares of land are irrigated and 12,400 hectares of land are non-irrigated.
Vadhav village is a non-tribal village with majority of Agri Caste population. There are five Ali's in Vadhav village.
- Kamble ali
- Kutumb ali
- Tale ali
- Chaimach ali
- Sukmach ali
- Datta ali
Vadhav has many Hindu temples, some of which host annual festivals.
- Veerabhadra Devasthan-Vadhav:'Shree Veerabhadra' is kuldaiwat of all Mhatre brothers. It is Jagrut Devasthan.
- Shree Ganesh Mandir-Vadhav:This very old temple allegedly retains the simplicity of the days gone by.
- Shree RadhaKrushna Devasthan-Vadhav:The Radha Krishna Temple built in the 19th century AD, with Shri. Narayan Paranjape as the first head priest.
- Shree Bahiridev Devasthan-Vadhav: A huge fair is organised annually, generally in April, to celebrate the blessings of the Lord Bahiri Dev. Procession of Bahiri Dev is arranged. A Traditional competition of raising Kathi is held.
- Shree Dutta Mandir-Vadhav: A temple devoted to Lord Dutta, it is revered and worshiped by many. Annual fair is organised on the occasion of Datta Jayanti, celebrating the birth of Lord Dutta.
- Shree Gavdevi Mandir-Vadhav: Gavdevi Mandir is also called as Village Goddess. It is a Jagrut Mandir. The very old temple, renovated completely.
- Shree Hanuman Mandir-Vadhav: This temple is devoted to Lord Hanuman and is very old temple. A Grand Festival is celebrated on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
- Shree Thankeshwar Devasthan-Vadhav:This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva and is also Kuldaiwat of all Patil brothers from Vadhav village. A Grand Festival is celebrated on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
Reaching Vadhav Village
- The nearest railway station is Pen located on the Konkan Railway.
- Vadhav is 33.2 km far from its district main city Raigad. It is 41 km far from the state capital Mumbai.
- Nearest Towns are Uran(20.4 km), Khalapur(23.6 km), Alibag(24 km), Sudhagad(26 km)
- "Inside the SEZ cauldron". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Songs Of Dissent - Reliance gets a thumbs-down in a first-ever referendum on SEZs". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Perspective Plan - Community Aid & Sponsorship Program - Pen - Perspective Plan - Community Aid & Sponsorship Program - Pen" (PDF). Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "We do not want to become landless beggars". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Political Mobilization and Identity in Western India 1934 47 Sage Series in Modern Indian History". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Vadhav village". Retrieved 5 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vaduvur.|