|Born||June 6, 1982|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Residence||Pembroke Pines, Florida|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Division||Featherweight (2012-present) |
|Reach||73 in (185 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States|
|Team||Vagner Rocha Martial Arts|
|Rank||3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
last updated on: May 18, 2010
Vagner Rocha (born June 6, 1982 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) is a Brazilian-American Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and professional mixed martial artist, currently competing in the lightweight division.
He is the current CJJ Worlds Combat Jiu Jitsu lightweight champion. 
Mixed martial arts career
Primarily known for his expertise in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Rocha began his MMA career in 2009. In addition to regional promotions in his adopted state of Florida, Rocha has competed for Bellator and Strikeforce.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Rocha was expected to make his featherweight debut against Mike Brown on January 15, 2012 at UFC on FX 1. However, Brown was forced from the bout with an injury. Rocha instead made his featherweight debut against Jonathan Brookins on February 15, 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV 1. He lost the fight via KO in the first round. After the loss to Brookins, Rocha was subsequently released from the promotion.
Fight Time Promotions
Rocha faced Mike Bruno on November 2, 2012 at Fight Time 12. Rocha won the fight by submission due to a triangle choke in the second round.
Rocha faced Kamrin Naville on February 15, 2013 at Fight Time 13. Rocha won the fight by unanimous decision.
Rocha faced J.P. Reese on April 26, 2013 at Fight Time 14. Rocha won the fight by submission in the fifth round.
Rocha faced journeyman Randy Barroso on August 23, 2013 at Fight Time 16. Rocha won the fight by submission in the first round.
Return to UFC
On April 20, 2014, it was announced that Rocha would return at UFC 172 to replace Yancy Medeiros, who shifted in the card to face Jim Miller, against Joe Ellenberger. However, Rocha suffered a last-minute training injury and the bout was removed from the card.
Rocha was expected to face promotional newcomer Joseph Duffy on March 14, 2015 at UFC 185. However, Rocha pulled out of the bout in early February citing injury and was replaced by Jake Lindsey. Rocha was subsequently released from the promotion.
Titles and accomplishments
- Fight Time Promotions
- Fight Time Lightweight Championship (Two times)
- ISKA Lightweight Championship (One time)
- Combat Jiu Jitsu Worlds
- Combat Jiu Jitsu World Championship - Lightweight (Current)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|18 matches||14 wins||4 losses|
|Win||14–4||Yoislandy Izquierdo||Decision (unanimous)||Fight Time 35: A New Era||February 17, 2017||5||5:00||Miami, Florida, United States||Defended the Fight Time Lightweight Championship|
|Win||13–4||Rafael da Silva Alves||TKO (leg kicks)||Fight Time 32||August 12, 2016||3||2:36||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Defended the Fight Time Lightweight Championship|
|Win||12–4||Gabriel Miranda||TKO (punches)||Fight Time 30||April 22, 2016||1||4:35||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Won the Fight Time Lightweight Championship|
|Loss||11–4||Jake Matthews||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Bisping||November 8, 2014||2||1:52||Sydney, Australia|
|Win||11–3||Randy Barroso||Submission (triangle choke)||Fight Time 16: Rocha vs. Barroso||August 23, 2013||1||3:09||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Defended the Fight Time Lightweight Championship|
|Win||10–3||J.P. Reese||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Fight Time 14: This Means War!||April 26, 2013||5||2:18||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Defended the Fight Time Lightweight Championship|
|Win||9–3||Kamrin Naville||Decision (unanimous)||Fight Time 13: MMA Kings||February 15, 2013||3||5:00||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Non-title bout|
|Win||8–3||Mike Bruno||Submission (triangle choke)||Fight Time 12: Warriors Collide||November 2, 2012||2||0:53||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Won the Fight Time Promotions and ISKA Lightweight Championship|
|Loss||7–3||Jonathan Brookins||KO (punches)||UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger||February 15, 2012||1||1:32||Omaha, Nebraska, United States||Featherweight debut|
|Win||7–2||Cody McKenzie||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger||September 17, 2011||2||3:49||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||6–2||Donald Cerrone||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 131||June 11, 2011||3||5:00||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Win||6–1||Jacob Clark||Submission (armbar)||MFA: New Generation 5||May 7, 2011||1||2:32||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Loss||5–1||Bret Bergmark||Decision (unanimous)||Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum||June 26, 2010||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||5–0||Francisco Soares||TKO (punches)||Bellator 13||April 8, 2010||2||2:07||Hollywood, Florida, United States|
|Win||4–0||Patrick Mikesz||Submission (armbar)||Action Fight League: Rock-N-Rumble 2||March 5, 2010||1||2:10||Hollywood, Florida, United States|
|Win||3–0||Renato Puente||Submission (armbar)||NDC 1: Peru vs. American Top Team||October 17, 2009||1||1:06||Lima, Peru|
|Win||2–0||Igor Gracie||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 11||June 12, 2009||3||5:00||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||1–0||Alan Arzeno||Submission (rear-naked choke)||XCF: Rumble in Racetown 1||February 14, 2009||1||0:42||Daytona Beach, Florida, United States|
- "Mac Danzig out at UFC 131, Vagner Rocha now faces Donald Cerrone". mmajunkie.com. May 18, 2011. Archived from the original on July 16, 2012. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- "Vagner Rocha vs. Cody McKenzie added to UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans". mmajunkie.com. July 20, 2011. Archived from the original on July 22, 2011. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- "Mike Brown vs. Vagner Rocha added to UFC on FX 1". mmajunkie.com. November 29, 2011. Archived from the original on December 1, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- "UFC on FUEL TV 1 adds Brookins vs. Rocha". mmajunkie.com. January 5, 2012. Archived from the original on September 13, 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- Guilherme Cruz (February 24, 2012). "Vagner Rocha cut from the UFC following loss to Jonathan Brookins". TATAME.com.
- MMA Fighting Newswire (April 20, 2014). "Vagner Rocha vs. Joe Ellenberger being targeted for UFC 172". mmafighting.com.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (April 23, 2014). "Vagner Rocha hurt, UFC 172 bout with Joe Ellenberger scrapped". mmajunkie.com.
- Matt Erickson (September 11, 2014). "Five bouts added to UFC Fight Night 55 in Australia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- Staff (January 19, 2015). "Joseph Duffy meets Vagner Rocha at UFC 185 in Dallas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Jason Floyd (2015-02-04). "Jake Lindsey replaces an injured Vagner Rocha, meets Joseph Duffy at UFC 185". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- Matt Boone (19 October 2015). "17 Additional Fighters Released From UFC". mmanews.com. Retrieved 19 October 2015.