This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vaishno Devi Ji|
Vaishno Devi Ji
|Proper name||Vaishno Devi Temple|
|Devanagari||वैष्णो देवी मंदिर|
|Sanskrit transliteration||Vaishnodevi Mandir|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Locale||Katra, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Elevation||1,584.96 m (5,200 ft)|
|Primary deity||Vaishno Devi (Mahalakshmi)|
|Important festivals||Navratri, Durga Puja|
|Architectural styles||Cave Temple|
|Number of temples||4|
|History and governance|
Vaishno Devi, also known as Mata Rani, Trikuta and Vaishnavi, is a manifestation of the Hindu Mother Goddess Mahalakshmi. The words "maa" and "mata" are commonly used in India for "mother", and thus are often used in connection with Vaishno Devi. Vaishno Devi Mandir (Hindi: वैष्णोदेवी मन्दिर) is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess, located in Katra at the Trikuta Mountains within the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The Temple or Bhawan is 13.5 km from Katra and various modes of transportation are available from katra to Bhawan, including Ponies, Electric vehicles and paalkhis operated by 2 or 4 persons. Helicopter services are also available up to Sanjichhat, which is 9.5 km from Katra. Bhairon temple is another 1.5 km from Bhawan.
- "What Is Hinduism? - Vaishno Devi". HINDUISM TODAY Magazine.
- "Traveling to Vaishno Devi". Retrieved 2006-09-12.
- Ayushi Kakkar (April 8, 2016). "Navratri special: How to reach Vaishno Devi to seek Mata Rani's blessings!". Zeenews.
- "Now India will have 5 Rs coins with the picture of Maa Vaishno Devi". www.maavaishnodevi.net.in. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Vaishno Devi travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vaishno Devi.|