A vajazzle (also spelled vagazzle) is a form of genital decoration, formed by the application of crystal ornaments on the shaved mons pubis of a woman. The process is known as vajazzling, a portmanteau of "vagina" and "bedazzle". The phenomenon was popularized by actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, who devoted a chapter in her book The Day I Shot Cupid to vajazzling. During a promotional interview on Lopez Tonight in 2010, she encouraged the female members of her audience "to vajazzle their vajayjays". In the United Kingdom, the concept was popularized when beautician Amy Childs appeared in the television show The Only Way Is Essex in 2010. By 2011, an Internet rating site for vajazzling called Rate My Vajazzle had been set up.
Vajazzling can increase risks of infection if not properly cleaned.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (23 March 2010). The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm a Love-aholic. Voice. ISBN 978-1-4013-4112-1.
- "Jennifer Love Hewitt Bedazzled Her Privates (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Childs, Amy (2015). Amy Childs - 100% Me. Bonnier Publishing Ltd. ISBN 9781910536483.
- "Vajazzing and Pejazzling: Tall Glass of Shame". Fierce and Nerdy. 26 May 2011.
- Garde-Hansen, J.; Gorton, K. (2013). "Chapter 6: The Hate and Shame of Women's Bodies Online". Emotion Online: Theorizing Affect on the Internet. Springer. ISBN 9781137312877.
- Rosen, Peg. "Vaginal Grooming: How Safe Are Down-There Beautification Trends?". Health. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
|This body modification article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|