A vajazzle (also spelled vagazzle) is a form of genital decoration, formed by the application of crystal ornaments on the shaved pubic area of a woman. The process is known as vajazzling, a portmanteau of "vagina" and "bedazzle". The phenomenon was popularized by actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, who devoted a chapter in her book The Day I Shot Cupid to vajazzling. During a promotional interview on a US talk show in January 2010, she encouraged the female members of her audience "to vajazzle their vajayjays". Vajazzle became the most searched term on Google for the following day. In the United Kingdom the concept was popularised when beautician Amy Childs appeared in the television show The Only Way Is Essex in 2010.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (23 March 2010). The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm a Love-aholic. Voice. ISBN 978-1-4013-4112-1.
- "Jennifer Love Hewitt Bedazzled Her Privates (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Lee, Cara (2010-01-14). "Jen 'vagazzles' her lady bits". The Sun. London.
- Childs, Amy (2015). Amy Childs - 100% Me. Bonnier Publishing Ltd. ISBN 9781910536483.
- Gore, Alex (2012-12-09). "Hospitals hit by huge rise in women suffering injuries caused by their vajazzles". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Rosen, Peg. "Vaginal Grooming: How Safe Are Down-There Beautification Trends?". Health. Retrieved 2014-06-06.