C. R. Manohar|
C. R. Gopi
|Screenplay by||Hago rsha|
|Music by||Arjun Janya|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|Distributed by||Jayanna Films|
|Box office||21 crore|
Vajrakaya (Kannada: ವಜ್ರಕಾಯ) is a 2015 Indian Kannada drama film directed by Harsha. It stars Shiva Rajkumar, Nabha Natesh and Karunya Ram in the lead roles, with Avinash, Ravi Kale and Suman as supporting cast. Movie met with positive reviews and was a blockbuster at box office.
Viraj (Shivarajkumar) is an adopted kid, adopted at a young age. He falls in love with Geetha (Shubra Aiyappa), daughter of Viraj's father's friend. Viraj's father invites Geetha's family for his wedding anniversary and proposes his son's marriage with her. But Geetha's father rejects the proposal since Viraj is an adopted kid. Viraj's father gets a heart attack and gets admitted to the hospital. After he becomes conscious, he tells Viraj that he is not an orphan and has a family with his mother (Jayasudha) and grandfather (Madhu Guruswamy) still being alive. Viraj then embarks on a journey in search of his mother, to the heartless kingdom of his grandfather. He meets and saves a girl Nandini (Karunya Ram). She takes him to the ruthless village of his grandfather. There falls for 'Pataka' Parvathi (Nabha Natesh), his uncle's daughter. After some silly scenes she proposes to him which he accepts. But one day Pataka's father (Ravi Kale) kidnaps and tries to kill Nandini since she was close to Viraj. But he saves her. Pataka tells him that they are looking a groom for her and asks him to elope with her but he refuses. His grandfather comes to know about it and tries to kill him. His mother reveals that she already knew that he is her son. Pataka and his mother beg his grandfather to live him. But he says Pataka's father to kill Viraj. He says that he can kill his son-in-law (Suman) and see his daughter widowed but he cannot. His grandfather soon accepts him. The film ends as the family unites and Nandini feels happy for him.
- Shiva Rajkumar as Viraj
- Nabha Natesh as "Pathaka" Parvathi
- Karunya Ram as Nandini
- Shubra Aiyappa as Geetha
- Joy Badlani as Talupulu
- Padmaja Rao
- Sadhu Kokila as Mogambo
- Avinash as viraj's adoptive father
- Ravi Kale as hujoor's son
- Madhu Guruswamy as Hujoor, main antagonist
- Tota Roy Chowdhury as Brahma
- Jayasudha as Lakshmi
- Suman as Veera Prathapa Simha
- Kuri Prathap
- Manjunath Gowda as Police Inspector
- Dileep in a cameo appearance in intro song
- Ravichandran in a cameo appearance
- Arjun Janya in a cameo appearance
- Sivakarthikeyan in a cameo appearance
- Ravi Teja in a cameo appearance in intro song
Harsha collaborated with Shiva Rajkumar for the second time following the success of their previous venture Bhajarangi (2013). Filming for Vajrakaya began in June 2014. Filming of certain sequences took place in Italy. Song sequences in the film featured cameo appearances of actors of South Indian cinema such as Ravichandran, Sivakarthikeyan, Dileep and Ravi Teja.
|Soundtrack album by Arjun Janya|
|Released||28 April 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
Arjun Janya, scoring for his 50th feature film, composed the film's background score and music for its soundtrack. The soundtrack features tracks sung by actors Dhanush, Sharan. The album consists of six tracks. It was released on 28 April 2015, in Bangalore.
|1.||"Vajrakaya"||V. Nagendra Prasad||Shankar Mahadevan||4:16|
|3.||"Kandamma Muddamma"||K. Kalyan||Karthik||4:30|
|4.||"Thukatha Gadabada"||Yogananda Muddan||Sharan, Sunitha||3:39|
Nam Cinema rated the album 3.5 stars out of 5  The track "No Problem" was received as well. The Hindu wrote, "Dhanush delivers the cool, simple tune effortlessly, even as Arjun adorns it with a neat harmonica sound now identified as ‘that Harris Jayaraj sound’."
- "Working with Shivarajkumar is a revelation: Karunya Ram". The Times of India. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Vajrakaya Will Get a 'U' Certificate". The New Indian Express. 5 June 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Shivanna's Double Trip To Italy - Exclusive". chitraloka.com. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Ravi Teja shakes a leg for Vajrakaya". Bangalore Mirror. 31 January 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Vajrakaya is Arjun Janya's 50th film". Chitraloka. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Now Sharan Sings for Vajrakaya". The New Indian Express. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Vajrakaya (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - EP". iTunes. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Sharadhaa A. (29 April 2015). "Vajrakaya's Mega Audio Launch". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "MUSIC REVIEW : VajraKaya is mass filled album". NamCinema.com. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- Srinivasan, Karthik (25 April 2015). "Hitman". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 June 2015.