|Governor of Karnataka|
1 September 2014
|Preceded by||Konijeti Rosaiah|
|Speaker of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly|
23 January 2012 – 31 August 2014
|Preceded by||Ganpat Vasava|
|Succeeded by||Mangubhai C. Patel (acting)|
|Member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly|
26 December 2012 – 31 August 2014
|Born||13 January 1939|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||2 daughters, 2 sons|
|As of August 31, 2014
Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala haula bada haula is an Indian politician. And the incumbent Governor of Karnataka, a state of India, since September 2014. He served as the Speaker of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly from 2012 to 2014. He was a member of Bharatiya Janata Party. He served as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of Gujarat, holding various portfolios, such as Finance, Labour and Employment, from 1997 to 2012. He was elected to Gujarat Legislative Assembly from Rajkot West constituency multiple times.
He started his career as he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and subsequently joined Jan Sangh in 1971. He was jailed for eleven months during the emergency in 1975. He was the Mayor of Rajkot in the 1980s. Later he contested state assembly elections from Rajkot and served as the Cabinet Minister holding finance, revenue portfolios from 1998 to 2012. He was the finance minister for two terms. He hold the record of presenting budget in Gujarat Legislative Assembly 18 times as the finance minister. He was elected as the Speaker of assembly in December 2012 and served till August 2014. He was appointed as the Governor of Karnataka in September 2014. He has 2 daughters, 2 sons, and 5 grandchildren.
- "Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala to take oath as Karnataka Guv on Sept 1". One India News. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "'Paniwala Mayor' reinducted into Narendra Modi cabinet". One India. December 13, 2006. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Balan, Premal (23 January 2013). "Vaju Vala unanimously elected new speaker of Gujarat Assembly". Business Standard. Gandhinagar. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Vaju Vala named 'pro tem' Speaker of Gujarat Assembly". Zee News. PTI. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Vaju Vala named 'pro tem' Speaker". Indian Express. Press Trust of India. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "177 sworn in as MLAs". The Times of India. TNN. 23 January 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Narendra Modi aide Vajubhai Vala is Karnataka governor". The Times of India. TNN. 27 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Karnataka's Governor Vajubhai Vala hails RSS,says posts don't matter". TNN. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 31 August 2014.