The menhir of La Basse Crémonville
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Marc-Antoine Jamet|
|26.61 km2 (10.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||4–120 m (13–394 ft) |
(avg. 13 m or 43 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Val-de-Reuil is a commune in the Eure department in Normandy in north-western France. It is located south of Rouen in a loop of the Seine. Created as the new town of Le Vaudreuil in 1972, its name was changed to Val-de-Reuil in 1984 to avoid confusion with its neighbour, Le Vaudreuil.
The inhabitants of Val-de-Reuil are called Rolivalois.
Le Vaudreuil (ensemble urbain) was one of the nine new towns created in France in the beginning of the 1970s.
- June 1972: creation of the Établissement public d'aménagement of the new town of Le Vaudreuil.
- December 1972: creation of the urban community (ensemble urbain) of Le Vaudreuil on the territory of several existing communes including Le Vaudreuil.
- 28 September 1981: the urban community became a commune, created from parts of the communes Incarville, Léry, Porte-Joie, Poses, Saint-Étienne-du-Vauvray, Saint-Pierre-du-Vauvray, Tournedos-sur-Seine and Le Vaudreuil. The new commune was named Le Vaudreuil-Ex Ensemble Urbain.
- 19 November 1984: the commune changed its name to Val-de-Reuil to avoid confusion with nearby Le Vaudreuil.
- December, 1985: the dissolution of the établissement public d'aménagement, whose competences were transferred into the commune.
- 1996: Val-de-Reuil joined a communauté de communes with Louviers and Incarville.
- 2001: Val-de-Reuil became part of the Communauté d'agglomération Seine-Eure which has its principal centre in Louviers.
Val-de-Reuil is the seat of a canton, which includes eight communes and has a total population of 20,555 (1999).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Val-de-Reuil.|
|This Eure geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|