|Maja e Valamarës|
|Elevation||2,373 m (7,785 ft) |
|Prominence||1,526 m (5,007 ft) |
|Location||Korçë District, Albania|
Valamara is a mountain in eastern Albania in the district of Korçë. It has a number of peaks, the highest of which is Maja e Valamarës, which reaches a height of 2,373 m (7,785 ft). Near the main ridge of Valamara there are very few trees while Valamara's lower slopes are forested. To the south there are many glacial lakes which are tourist attractions. Brown bear has been observed in the mountain region.
Nearby towns and villages
Some peaks on Valamara Mountain
- Maja e Valamarës (2373 m)
- Maja e Gurit të Topit (2120 m)
- Mali i Lenies (2012 m)
- "Europe Ultra-Prominences". Peaklist.org. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Maja e Valamares, Albania". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- Soviet military map К-34-113-Г (1:50.000)
- "Brown Bear Conservation Action Plan for the Prespa Lakes' Watershed". researchgate.net. p. 26.
|This article about a specific location in Korçë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|