|Elevation||17 m (56 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Valangaiman (also spelt as Valangiman) is a panchayat town in the Valangaiman taluk of Thiruvarur district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the headquarters town for Valangaiman Taluk. Mariamman temple is the most prominent temple in the panchayat town.
In the 2001 India census, Valangaiman had a population of 11,281. Males constituted 49% of the population and females 51%. Valangaiman had an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy was 73%, and female literacy was 63%. In 2001 in Valangaiman, 10% of the population was under 6 years of age.
In the 2011 census, Valangaiman had a population of 11,857.
- Carmel Matriculation School
- Valangaiman Subramaniam Ramamurthy - The prominent Nuclear Fission Physicist.
- Valangaiman Sankaranarayana Srinivasa Sastri - an Indian politician, administrator, educator, orator and Indian independence activist. He was acclaimed for his oratory and command over the English language.
- K.Senthil kumar is popularly known as valangai senthil - an educator, orator,debate judge,famous speaker in spritual,motivational,heritage and jovial.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Tamil Nadu: Thiruvarur: Valangaiman". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 4 May 2013.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "NPR Report: Tamil Nadu: Thiruvarur: Valangaiman". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Archived from the original on 4 May 2013.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
|This article related to a location in Tiruvarur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|