|Elevation||17 m (56 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Valangaiman (also spelt as Valangiman) is a panchayat town in the Valangaiman taluk of Thiruvarur district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the headquarters town for Valangaiman Taluk. Mariamman temple is the most prominent temple in the Panchayat town. There are some other temples in valangaiman, they are Annamalaiyar Unnamulaiyamman Temple (then thiruvannamalai), Vaitheeswaran koil temple, Kailasanathar koil, Varatharajaperumal koil, Mathuvanaramar koil, Ramaamy koil. This village now has a Govt Polytechnic College in near by village Thozhuvur just 2 km from Valangaiman. This polytechnic college has been started the academic year 2016-2017.
Valangiman has an elevation of 17 m (56 ft). It is situated about 31kilometres north-west of the district seat of Tiruvarur and 10 kilometres south of Kumbakonam. It is about 40 kilometers East of Thanjsvur and 14 kilometers North of Needamsngalam.
In the 2001 India census, Valangaiman had a population of 11,281. Males constituted 49% of the population and females 51%. Valangaiman had an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy was 73%, and female literacy was 63%. In 2001 in Valangaiman, 10% of the population was under 6 years of age.
In the 2011 census, Valangaiman had a population of 11,857.
- Carmel Matriculation School
- Govt.Boys Higher Secondary School
- Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School
- Mahadeva Guruji matriculation Higher Secondary School
- TELC Elementary school
- PU Elementary school, Middle street
- PU Elementary School, Bazar street
- Mahadeva Guruji Nursery & Primary School
- Govt.Polytechnic College, Valangaiman
It has been started during the year 2016-2017 There are five branches in this college. They are
- Diploma course in Civil Engineering
- Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma course in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma course in Computer Engineering
300 students per year 60 per branch are admitted every year.mere pass in SSLC or Equivalent is eligible.New building is under construction now at Thozhuvur village.from next academic year onwards (2017-18) 20% of sanctioned intake will be admitted directly in second year additionally ( lateral entry)
There are many siva and vinava temples in this town.They are
- Sri Mahamariyamman koil ( otherwise called as Padaikatti mariyamman koil )
- sri Chetti theru mariyamman koil
- Sri Kailasa nathar temple
- Sri Annamalaiyar temple
- Sri Vaitheeswarn temple
- Sri Kasi Viswathar Temple
- Sri Ramasamy Koil
- Sri mathuvana ramar Koil
- Sri varatharajaperumal koil
- Sri Kaliyamman Koil
- Sri Vathiya kaliyamman Koil
- Sri Kulanthai Mariyamman koil
- Sri savukku pillayar koil
- Sri nagaladi vinayagar koil
- Sri senguntha vinayagar koil
- Sri Thirovpathy amman koil
- Sri vanathevathai koil
and many Vinayagar temples
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Tamil Nadu: Thiruvarur: Valangaiman". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Archived from the original on 4 May 2013.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "NPR Report: Tamil Nadu: Thiruvarur: Valangaiman". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Archived from the original on 4 May 2013.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
|This article related to a location in Tiruvarur district, Tamil Nadu, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|