|Elevation||69 m (226 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Valaparla is a village located west of National Highway 5 in Martur Mandal of Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh, India. The village was previously called Olupara. The village code in the 2011 census was 590698 it's pin code is 523260.
The village is accessible by road to Martur, and APSRTC runs a bus service on this route. The nearest railway station is at Prakasam, and the closest airport to Valaparla is Gannavaram Airport in Vijayawada. Neighbouring towns include Bestavaripeta, Chilakaluripet, Chirala, Kandukur, Markapur, Ongole, Pamur, Podili, Singarayakonda, Tallur and Vetapalem. Valaparla belongs to Parchuru assembly constituency and Bapatla is its parliament constituency. Village has so many temples, people celebrate every festival with traditional values.
The population is approximately 20,000, and Telugu is the main language spoken. Most residents work in agriculture, growing crops such as padi, millet, pulses, jowar, groundnuts, ragi, sugar cane, papaya, sapota, guava, mangoes, and limes. Other residents commonly work as priests, blacksmiths, weavers, potters, carpenters, barbers, oil pressers, water bearers, sweepers, leatherworkers or toddy-tappers.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: the wording of this section could be changed to make it less confusing, for example, is there only 1 secondary school?. (July 2013)|
Most villagers own mobile phones, and over eighty cable television channels are available.
Tourist attractions near Valaparla include:
- Kothapatnam Beach
- Kashi Visweswara Swamy Shrine
- Temple of Malayadri Laksminarasimhasamy
- Bhairava Konda Temple
- Chennakesava Swamy Temple
'Valaparla' is also used as family name. There are bunch of people in Andhra Pradesh having 'Valaparla' as family name.
- "Valaparla – Martur Mandal – Prakasam District – Andhra Pradesh". indianine.com. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- India. Office of the Registrar General. Census of India, 1961: Andra Pradesh. Manager of Publications. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Schools in Valaparla". Veethi. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Zilla Parishad High School (ZPHS), Valaparla in Prakasam District". Veethi. Retrieved 3 June 2013.