Valchedram Municipality within Bulgaria and Montana Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Valchedram|
|• Total||429 km2 (166 sq mi)|
|Population (Census February 2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Valchedram Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Вълчедръм) is a frontier municipality (obshtina) in Montana Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located along the right bank of Danube river in the Danubian Plain. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Valchedram. The area borders on Romania beyond the Danube to the north.
The municipality embraces a territory of 429 km² with a population of 9,771 inhabitants, as of February 2011.
Valchedram Municipality includes the following 11 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Cherni Vrah||Черни връх||534|
|Dolni Tsibar||Долни Цибър||1,544|
|Gorni Tsibar||Горни Цибър||205|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades. Since 1992 Valchedram Municipality has comprised the former municipality of Zlatiya and the numbers in the table reflect this unification.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (in Bulgarian)National Statistical Institute - Census 2011
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Official website (in Bulgarian)