Aeropuerto de Valencia
Aeroport de València
|Hub for||Air Nostrum, Ryanair, Vueling|
|Elevation AMSL||73 m / 240 ft|
Valencia Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto de Valencia) (Valencian: Aeroport de València) (IATA: VLC, ICAO: LEVC), also known as Manises Airport, is the tenth-busiest Spanish airport in terms of passengers and second in the region after Alicante. It is situated 8 km (5.0 mi) west of the city of Valencia, in Manises. The airport has flight connections to about 20 European countries and 8.53 million passengers passed through the airport in 2019.
A new regional terminal, expanded car parking facilities and apron area have been recently constructed in time for the 2007 America's Cup. The runway has been also lengthened by 50 m (160 ft). The airport has one terminal and one runway. The former runway 04/22 is not in use and has no ILS but has a helipad at the southwestern end.
It is the main base of Iberia's regional carrier Air Nostrum. Irish low-cost airline Ryanair used the airport as a hub since 2007 but decided to close it in November 2008 following a dispute over subsidies by the airport authorities. Since then the airline has continued to operate out of Valencia but as a relatively large destination airport, and not a base.
Airlines and destinations
Valencia airport is situated adjacent to the Autovía A-3 highway which connects Valencia with Madrid and is also close to the Autovía A-7 coastal route to Barcelona. It is connected to the city of Valencia by a regular bus line operated by MetroBus which takes 45 minutes, passing through the nearby towns of Mislata, Quart de Poblet and Manises. The shuttle service (Aerobus) to city centre takes 20 minutes.
The metro network Metrovalencia with lines 3 and 5 on the airport station connect the airport to the city centre (15 minutes), the main Railway Station of the city Estació del Nord (20 minutes) and the port of Valencia (30 minutes).
- "Estadsticas – Aeropuertos Espaoles y Navegacin Area – aena-aeropuertos.es". Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Spanish AIP (AENA) Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine Archived 2017-01-16 at the Wayback Machine
- "Aena airport statistics 2016" (PDF).
- "Welcome to Ryanair!". Ryanair.com. Archived from the original on 30 September 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Liu, Jim. "Air France S20 Spain/Portugal network additions". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "easyJet S20 new routes as of 27DEC19". Routesonline. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Eurowings S20 Short-Haul network additions as of 18OCT19". Routesonline. Retrieved 21 October 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Iberia W19 Valencia limited-time network additions". Routesonline. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Volotea outlines post-COVID 19 network expansion in S20". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- Liu, Jim. "Vueling July - Oct 2020 new routes update as of 03UL20". Routesonline. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- airlineroutemaps.com - UPS United Parcel Service retrieved 18 July 2020
- "Swiftair cargo routes". 21 June 2020.
Media related to Valencia Airport at Wikimedia Commons