This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
18 November 1946|
|Known for||Painting, Poetry|
Valentina Battler  ( listen), also known as Valentina Arina  ( listen) and Valentina Alieva  ( listen) (born November 18, 1946, Astrakhan, Russia) is a Russian-Canadian poet and artist, working in the genre of Chinese painting (Indian ink on Xuan paper).
Battler was born in the city of Astrakhan into a Ukrainian-Russian family. Her father, Vladimir Petrovich Barannik, was a major in the militia (police). Her mother, Tatiana Nikolaevna Barannik, was a homemaker. In 1962-1966 Valentina studied at the Mussorgsky Music College of Astrakhan, where she graduated with honours. In 1966 she entered the Leningrad (currently St.-Petersburg) Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory – the piano department (class of Prof. N. E. Perelman) and graduated in 1971 with the qualification of soloist, ensemble player and instructor. Subsequently she worked for many years at the Gnessin Russian Academy of Music. In 1993 she emigrated to Canada where she changed her name officially to Valentina Battler and now has dual citizenship. Since 2001 she lived in Oxford (United Kingdom), and later in Paris (France). At present she resides in New York City (United States). She has been married since 1970 to Alex Battler (Oleg Arin). They have two children: son Guerman and daughter Ulyana.
- 2011 fordPROJECT, New York
- 2007 The Russian Cultural Center, Paris, France
- 2006 Show Title: Symphony of Ink, Stella Art Gallery, Paris, France
- 2006 The Russian Cultural Center, Paris, France
- 2004 State Museum for Oriental Art, Moscow, Russia
- 2004 Ardena Foundation for educational and Cultural Programs, Moscow, Russia
- 2003 State Arts Museum, Shanghai, China
- 2003 Show Title: Rhymes and Images, Central House of Artists, Moscow, Russia
- 2001 International Centre of the Roerichs, Moscow, Russia
- 2000 Show Title: The Soul of Mine, Central House of Artist, Moscow, Russia
Battler has co-authored two books with her husband, Oleg Arin:
- Valentina Battler. Art of Ink Painting. Second Edition. USA: Charlestone, 2012 (ISBN 978-1479302529). Book review.
- Valentina Battler (Wang Liushi). Music of Silence. (In Russian) Moscow, 2011 (ISBN 978-5-86472-227-5).
- Between Titi and Caca. Impressions of a Tourist…but not only. (in Russian) Moscow: Aliyans, 2001.
- Immigration to the North America. (in Russian) Moscow: Infomdinamo, 1997.
- "Transcending Reality" (PDF). Olegarin.com. Retrieved 2016-8-6
- "The Delicate Power of Valentina Battler". Fall 2011 Fine Art Magazine. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- "When the Fairy Tale Never Ends". Eventful.com. Eventful, Inc. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Mezhdu Titi i Kaka: vpechatlenii͡a︡ turista--i ne tolʹko". Open Library. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Иммиграция в Северную Америку". Oleg Arin. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valentina Battler.|