Valentino (fashion house)
|Società per azioni|
|Headquarters||Via Turati, 16/18,|
|Stefano Sassi (CEO)|
|€261,5 million (2007)|
|Owner||Qatar Mayhoola for Investments Spc|
Valentino S.p.A. is an Italian clothing company founded in 1960 by Valentino Garavani and part of Valentino Fashion Group, which in turn is owned by the State of Qatar through Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C. Since October 2008, the creative director is Pier Paolo Piccioli. Alessandra Facchinetti was Valentino's creative designer from 2007 to 2008. Valentino is headquartered in Milan, while the creative direction is in Rome.
Rise to popularity
Valentino's international debut took place in 1962 in Florence, the Italian fashion capital of the time. Valentino has also specially designed wedding dresses for Elizabeth Taylor, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lopez, Courtney Cox, Sophie Hunter and Princess Madeleine of Sweden.
From HDP group to Marzotto group
In 1998, Garavani and Giammetti sold the company for approximately $300 million to HdP, an Italian conglomerate controlled, in part, by the late Gianni Agnelli, the head of Fiat. In 2002, Valentino S.p.A., with revenues of more than $180 million, was sold by HdP to Marzotto Apparel, a Milan-based textile giant, for $210 million. It was rumored that HDP was displeased with Garavani's and Giammetti's personal expenses, a claim at which Giammetti has bristled.
Purchase by Qatar
Since 2010, Valentino perfumes has belonged to the Puig company. It's fragrances have included: Valentino Classique for women (1978), Vendetta By Valentino for women (1991), Very Valentino for women (1998), Very Valentino for Men for men (1999), Valentino Gold for women (2002), V for women (2005), Valentino V Absolu for women (2006), Valentino V Ete By Valentino for women (2006), Rock'n'Rose for women (2006), V pour Homme for men (2006), Rock n’ Rose Couture for women (2007), and Valentina for women (2011).
- Valentino Garavani – 1959 to 2007
- Alessandra Facchinetti – 2007 to 2008
- Maria Grazia Chiuri & Pierpaolo Piccioli – 2008 to 2016
- Pierpaolo Piccioli – 2008 to present
- Diderich, Joelle (22 January 2014). "Fashion Crowd Toasts Richard Baker in Paris". WWD. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
Valentino ceo Stefano Sassi said it was too early to predict what shape the new Saks would take.
- "Contacts > Headquarters." Valentino SpA. Retrieved on 28 July 2009.
- Boze Hadleigh. 492 Great Things About Being Italian. p. 219.
- Bowles, Hamish. "Sophie Hunter Valentino Couture Wedding Dress". Sophie Hunter Central.
- "Celebrity Brides Who Wore Valentino on their Big Day". Hello Magazine.
- "So Very Valentino", by Matt Tyrnauer, Vanity Fair, August 2004.
- "Puig talks with Permira to buy Valentino". La Vanguardia. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Valentino. p. 75.
- "Valentino Valentina". fragrantica.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valentino Garavani.|