|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|Joint Stock Company|
|Founded||Rome (1960)|
|Headquarters||Via Turati, 16/18, Milan, Milan, Italy|
|Stefano Sassi (CEO)|
|Owner||Qatar Mayhoola for Investments Spc|
Valentino SpA is a clothing company founded in 1959 by Valentino Garavani. It is a part of Valentino Fashion Group. Since October 2008, the creative directors are Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli. Alessandra Facchinetti was Valentino's creative designer from 2007 to 2008. Valentino is headquartered in Milan.
Garavani and Giammetti later started a new company.
Rise to popularity
Valentino's international debut took place in 1962 in Florence, the Italian fashion capital of the time.
From HDP group to Marzotto group
In 1998, Garavani and Giammetti sold the company for approximately $300 million to HdP, an Italian conglomerate controlled, in part, by the late Gianni Agnelli, the head of Fiat. In 2002, Valentino S.p.A., with revenues of more than $180 million, was sold by HdP to Marzotto Apparel, a Milan-based textile giant, for $210 million. It was rumored that HDP was displeased with Garavani's and Giammetti's personal expenses, a claim at which Giammetti has bristled.
- Valentino Classique for women, 1978
- Vendetta By Valentino for women, 1991
- Very Valentino for women, 1998
- Very Valentino for Men for men, 1999
- Valentino Gold for women, 2002
- V for women, 2005
- Valentino V Absolu for women, 2006
- Valentino V Ete By Valentino for women, 2006
- Rock'n'Rose for women, 2006
- V pour Homme for men, 2006
- Rock n’ Rose Couture for women, 2007
- Valentina for women, 2011.
In North America, Valentino SpA has boutiques in Atlanta, Bal Harbour, Beverly Hills, Boston, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, New York City and Palm Beach. Additional locations have been planned in Aspen and San Francisco.
- Diderich, Joelle (22 January 2014). "Fashion Crowd Toasts Richard Baker in Paris". WWD. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
Valentino ceo Stefano Sassi said it was too early to predict what shape the new Saks would take.
- "Contacts > Headquarters." Valentino SpA. Retrieved on 28 July 2009.
- Bowles, Hamish. "Sophie Hunter Valentino Couture Wedding Dress". Sophie Hunter Central.
- "Celebrity Brides Who Wore Valentino on their Big Day". Hello Magazine.
- "So Very Valentino", by Matt Tyrnauer, Vanity Fair, August 2004.
- "Valentino Valentina". fragrantica.com.
- "Puig talks with Permira to buy Valentino". La Vanguardia. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valentino Garavani.|