Valeriy Illich Konovalyuk (Ukrainian: Валерій Ілліч Коновалюк, born 31 August 1966 in Donetsk), is a Ukrainian - Ukrainian state and public figure. Doctor of Economics (2004), academician Academy of Economic Sciences of Ukraine, People's Deputy of Ukraine III-IV and VI convocations, the author of 20 scientific works and 150 bills. Candidate for President of Ukraine in elections in 2014. Chairman of political party "All-Ukrainian Union" New Ukraine "(since 2014). He is known for heading the Konovalyuk Commission.
In 1985 he graduated from Donetsk industrial technical school on a specialty "Maintenance and repair of motor vehicles", in 1989 - from the Moscow Higher Command School, in 1993 - The German Finance Academy (Munich) on the specialty "Economics and organization of production".
He worked as a mechanic at a motor enterprise (Makiivka city). 1989-1992 – officer of Western Group of Forces (Germany). 1992-1994 – he was the director of JSC "Ukrenergoresurs", and also a president of the broadcasting company "ВІКО" (Donetsk).
Since 1995, he worked as a deputy chairman of the executive committee of Donetsk (Kujbyshevo region) on questions of planning, finance and budget. In 1995, Valeriy Konovalyuk created and headed the People's Patriotic Union of Donbass. From 1996 till 1998 – Advisor to the Chairman, Deputy Chairman of Donetsk Regional State Administration.
He has been elected to the Verhovna Rada three times (in 1998, 2002, and 2007). In 2000 he joined Labour Ukraine until he became a member of the Regions of Ukraine faction and a member of the Party of Regions. In April 2005 he left Party of Regions and re-joined Labour Ukraine. And was elected party leader of that party. In August 2007 Labour Ukraine members, and also Konovalyuk, decided to join the Party of Regions election list in the 2007 parliamentary election. Konovalyuk did not participate in the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election because he wanted "a timeout".
He was the first deputy head of the Budget Committee of Verkhovna Rada; chairman of the subcommittee on questions of planning budgetary programs and control over the using of budgetary funds in Health Care of Health Care Committee.
The author of a number of bills: "Budget Code of Ukraine"; "On State Financial Control"; "On the State Treasury"; "On the financing of health care and mandatory medical insurance in Ukraine"; "Labor Code", «The reform of law enforcement agencies» and others.
In the summer of 2009 he was elected as a chairman of the All-Ukrainian Union of servicemen and veterans of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Since June 2010 – Advisor to the President of Ukraine (out of state). In July 2012, he came out from the Party of Regions, because of disagreement with the policy of Yanukovych and the activity which led to a profound social and economic crisis.
March 30, 2014 he was registered in the Central Election Commission as a presidential candidate of Ukraine as a self-promoted. April 30, 2014 during his visit to the countries of the EU and Washington, Konovalyuk has presented his own plan of actions for the settlement of the crisis of Ukraine in the US Congress with Senators and members of House of Representatives, as well as in many "think tanks" from the Atlantic Council to the Carnegie Foundation.
May 17, 2014 he was unanimously elected as the head of a political party "All-Ukrainian Union" New Ukraine" during a Congress of a public organization of All-Ukrainian Union "New Ukraine".
In the 2014 parliamentary election Konovalyuk attempt to be re-elected into parliament as an independent candidate in single-member districts number 59 situated in the Maryinka failed after finishing 3rd with 8.50% of the votes.
Investing and financing activities
In August 2010, he became a chairman of the board of the Business Council "Ukraine-China" and was included in the Intergovernmental Ukrainian-Chinese Commission on questions of trade and economic cooperation. Since October 2012 he actively engaged in financial activities and the implementation of joint investment projects in countries of the EU and Eastern Europe.
Valeriy Konovalyuk has four children. He has two children from his first marriage – daughter Eugenia (1993) and son Vladislav (1996). Now he is Married for the second time on the Ukrainian TV presenter and journalist Valeria Ushakova. Two children: Ilya and Lukiya (2015).
|Party political offices|
| Leader of Labour Ukraine
- (in Russian) Short bio, Liga.net
- ПОСТАНОВА ВЕРХОВНОЇ РАДИ УКРАЇНИ Про утворення Тимчасової слідчої комісії Верховної Ради України з питань з'ясування обставин поставки до Грузії української військової техніки з метою встановлення фактів порушення законодавства України та норм міжнародного права (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada. 2008-09-02. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- (in Ukrainian) Short bio, RBK Ukraine
- (in Russian)Комиссия Рады раскрыла махинации при продаже украинского оружия, Lenta.Ru
- (in Russian) Через несколько лет в Украине будет качественное медицинское обслуживание, From-ua.com
- (in Russian) Konovalyuk presented the draft of the new Labour Code, UNIAN
- (in Russian) Konovalyuk is preparing a draft law "On Police", UNIAN
- (in Russian)Коновалюк покинул Партию регионов, так как власть ведет к "кризису и банкротству страны", Delo.ua
- (in Russian)ЦИК зарегистрировал еще двух кандидатов в президенты, LB.ua
- (in Russian)Коновалюк проводит встречи в США для предотвращения кризиса в Украине, RBK Ukraine
- (in Russian)Ukraine needs a "Marshall Plan" - Konovalyuk, RBK Ukraine
- (in Ukrainian) Коновалюк очолив партію Нова Україна, UNIAN
- "Poroshenko wins presidential election with 54.7% of vote - CEC". Radio Ukraine International. 29 May 2014. Archived from the original on 29 May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
(in Russian) Results election of Ukrainian president, Телеграф (29 May 2014)
- (in Ukrainian) Candidates and winners for the seat of the constituency 59 in the 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, RBK Ukraine
- (in Russian)КОНОВАЛЮК: УКРАИНА-КИТАЙ НА ПУТИ СОЗДАНИЯ НОВОГО «ШЕЛКОВОГО ПУТИ», Bagnet
- (in Ukrainian)Про нагородження Коновалюка В. І. Почесною грамотою Кабінету Міністрів України, Ligazakon.ua
- (in Ukrainian)Judo Federation of Donetsk region, sport.donetsk.ua
- (in Russian)Жена Валерия Коновалюка родила двойню, Left Coast
- Sopelnyk new head of Labor Ukraine Party, Interfax-Ukraine (5 November 2010)