|This article is outdated. (January 2010)|
|3rd Minister of Defence of Ukraine|
October 10, 1994 – July 8, 1996
|Preceded by||Vitalyi Radetskyi|
|Succeeded by||Oleksandr Kuzmuk|
August 14, 1945 |
Zholoby village Tomashpilskyi Raion, Vinnytsia Oblast, Ukraine
|Alma mater||Kiev University|
|Committees||National Security and Defence (1998)|
|Years of service||July 1972 - May 1973|
Shmarov was born on 14 August 1945, village Zholoby, Vinnytsia Oblast. Education: Kyiv College of Information Systems and Technologies (radio mechanic, 1966), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (economist, 1972).
In 1966-1987 he worked at Kiev Radio Factory in positions from a regulator of radio equipment to a Production Director. He participated in the creation of control systems of several generations of strategic missiles and spacecrafts, including the complex "Energia-Buran".
In 1994-1996 he was a Minister of Defense of Ukraine.
From 1997 he is a Honorary President of the Association of Aviation Enterprises of Ukraine "Ukraviaprom".
From 1998 Shmarov works at the National Aviation University as associate professor, then professor, and director of the Aerospace Institute of National Aviation University (from 2005 to present).
Doctor of Technical Sciences (2006), professor (2004). The author of more than 40 scientific publications and of 3 patents. Editor-in-chief of the scientific journal Astronomical School's Report.
- Order of the Badge of Honour - 1976
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour - 1988
- State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology - 2002
- Order of Merit, Third Class - 2010
- (Ukrainian) Valeriy Shmarov in Verkhovna Rada
- (Ukrainian) Order of President of Ukraine № 477/1994 "Regarding acting Minister of Defence of Ukraine"
- (Ukrainian) Order of President of Ukraine № 579/1994 "Regarding Minister of Defence of Ukraine"
- (Ukrainian) Official Ukraine Today
- (Ukrainian) Biography at the Department site
- (Ukrainian) Encyclopedia of Modern Ukraine
- (Ukrainian) Aerospace Portal of Ukraine
- (Ukrainian) Ukraviaprom
- (Ukrainian) Aerospace Society of Ukraine
- (Ukrainian) Government portal
- Astronomical School's Report
- (Ukrainian) Decree of President of Ukraine No. 1171/2002 of 16 December 2002 "On awarding with the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology of 2002"
- (Ukrainian) Decree of President of Ukraine No. 829/2010 of 20 August 2010 "On awarding with state awards of Ukraine of enterprises, institutions and organizations"
|Minister of Defence
|This biographical article related to the military of Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|