||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Valery Ananyevych Bevz is a People's Deputy of Ukraine, a former member of the Communist Party fraction in Verkhovna Rada (since November 2007 till December 2012), militia general-lieutenant, Secretary of the Committee on Legislative Support of Law Enforcement (since December 2007).
Valery Bevz was born on January 27, 1953 in Kozyntsi village, Vinnytsia Oblast, Ukraine. Spouse Marianna (b. 1955)is a pensioner, they have a daughter Svetlana (b. 1980), who is a crime investigator.
- 1971–73 – military service in Soviet Army
- 1978–96 – inspector, senior inspector, chief of public service to combat economic crime; 1st Deputy Chief, then Chief of the district office of internal affairs, Executive Officer, Deputy Director, then Director of Human Resources department, Head of the Department for work with military personnel, 1st Deputy Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Vinnytsia region, the Chief of the criminal police in Vinnytsia region.
- June 1996 – chief of the Office of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Chernivtsi region
- December 1996 – chief of the Office of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Chernihiv region
- 2000–03 – chief of the Office of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Vinnitsa region
- 2003–04 – Rector of the Odessa Institute of Legal Affairs affiliated with National University of Internal Affairs
- 2004–05 – Deputy Head of Vinnytsia Regional State Administration
- 2007 – Deputy Minister of Emergencies and Affairs of Population Protection from Consequences of Chernobyl Accident
- November 2007 – December 2012 – Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the 6th convocation (elected from the Communist Party, No. 7 in the list)
Bevz did not return to parliament after the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election after losing in single-member districts number 11 (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in Vinnytsia Oblast).
Secretary of the Committee on Legislative Support of Law Enforcement (since December 2007) A member of the Communist Party fraction (since November 2007) In 2006 – 2007 worked as Vinnytsia Regional Council deputy
- (in Ukrainian) Підсумки виборів-2012: Депутати, яким доведеться скласти повноваження Підсумки виборів-2012: Депутати, яким доведеться скласти повноваження Підсумки виборів-2012: Депутати, яким доведеться скласти повноваження Results of the 2012 elections: MPs who will resign, RBC Ukraine (October 30, 2012)