Valery Yakovlevich Leontiev|
19 March 1949
Ust-Usa, Komi ASSR, RSFSR, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Saint-Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts|
|Title||People's Artist of Russia (1996)|
Valery Yakovlevich Leontiev (Russian: Валерий Яковлевич Леонтьев; born 19 March 1949 in Ust-Usa, Komi ASSR, RSFSR, Soviet Union) is a Soviet and Russian pop singer whose popularity peaked in the early 1980s. He was titled a People's Artist of Russia in 1996. He is known as one of the most prominent artists of Soviet and Russian music. Over the course of his decades-long career, he has recorded more than 30 albums, many of which sold millions of copies. The media refers to Leontiev as a megastar and a legend of the Russian scene.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Musical career
- 3 On the stage
- 4 Recognition
- 5 Honours and awards
- 6 Discography
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Musical films and musicals
- 9 Personal life
- 10 Eurovision Song Contest 1987
- 11 Statements about Leontiev
- 12 Real estate
- 13 References
- 14 See also
- 15 References
- 16 External links
Valery Yakovlevich Leontiev was born on 19 March 1949, in Ust-Usa, a village in what is now Russia's Komi Republic. His father Yakov Stepanovich Leontiev was a veterinarian, a specialist in deer, and his mother Catherine Ivanovna Leontieva took care of the children: Valery and his sister. In six years, Valery recited poems herders from a height of specially choreographed stools, and the first class began singing in the school choir. Passion scene led Valery in drama, and passion for music is reflected in the lessons on the piano.
In 1961 the family moved to the city Yuryevets in Ivanovo Oblast, and after graduation, Leontiev went to conquer Moscow and to act in Russian Academy of Theatre Arts. However, panic and fear to fail in the exam made Leontiev at the last moment to take the documents and return to Yuryevets. Here the future artist has changed many professions - from the postman to the designer, but in the end went in Vorkuta and entered the Mining Institute. However, to learn unloved case Leontiev was able only to third year.
The first exit to the big stage took place in 1971. In Vorkuta regional competition "Song-71" was held. There, Leontiev took second place with the song "Carnaval". And the first concert the singer gave was on April 9, 1972 on the stage of Vorkuta's House of Culture of Miners and Builders. From this moment begins the career of Leontiev as a singer.
In 1972, Leontiev went to Syktyvkar for a festival competition among amateur creative youth "We are looking for talents" and wins it. after which Leontiev was sent to study at the all-Union creative Studio pop art, was in Moscow. However, study here has not been completed. A year later, the director of the Syktyvkar Philharmonic took the group, which included Leontiev, back to Syktyvkar. In Syktyvkar Leontiev worked as a soloist in the ensemble of "Dreamers", and in 1975 became the soloist of the ensemble "Echo" with which he traveled all over the Soviet Union. However, the concerts were mostly held in the provincial houses of culture.
Climbing on the big stage began for the singer later - after the transition to the Gorky Philharmonic and receiving first Prize at the All-Union competition for the best performance of songs of the socialist countries in 1979. Less than a year later, Leontiev already gave a full-fledged solo concert in Moscow Variety Theatre, and for the performance of compositions by David Tukhmanov "Dance time in the sun" he received First prize of the International Festival "Golden Orpheus".
In 1980 Leontiev sang in various concerts, including the Moscow Variety Theatre, Oktyabrsky and Luzhniki. In 1981, the artist won the popularity prize at the prestigious music festival Yerevan-81. American journalists who attended the event noted the expressive manner of performing the singer and compared him to Mick Jagger. (Valeri Leontiev, 32, a booted, bolero-suited dancing rocker whose performance falls somewhere between those of Mick Jagger and Mikhail Baryshnikov) However, this fact caused opposition to the leaders of the Soviet stage and officials, therefore, until 1984, Leontiev fell into disgrace. Overcomes her artist with the help of one of the influential composers of those years - Raimond Pauls.
In 1982, Leontiev underwent a serious operation to remove a tumor from his throat, and on his further career of the singer hung a huge question mark. In this difficult time Leontiev decided to engage seriously in education and entered the Saint-Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts. Fortunately, in 1983, the singer was able to return to the stage, the artist gives 18 sold-out concerts entitled "I'm just a singer" in Leningrad. however, a busy schedule of concerts did not prevent him from finishing his studies and qualify as "mass" view.
In 1983, the singer moves to work in the Voroshilovgrad Philharmonic (now Luhansk Philharmonic) in the Ukrainian SSR. A year later, he was given a whole department in the author's evening "Holy to music love" by composer Raimond Pauls in Moscow.
In 1985, Leontiev received the Lenin Komsomol Prize. And after that he went to Afghanistan together with a group of artists. 1986 was marked by a trip to Chernobyl, where the singer performed. And in 1987 Leontiev already became Merited Artist of Ukrainian SSR.
The beginning of the 90s was marked for Leontiev splash touring. His concerts were held in Germany, Israel, USA, Canada, India and other countries. In 1991 Leontiev was named the "Best Selling Soviet Artist" at the World Music Awards ceremony in Monte Carlo. In 1994 he performed on stage with Gina Lollobrigida in Saint-Petersburg concert hall "Oktyabrskiy", and in 1996 he was awarded the title People's Artist of Russia. in March 1998 а nominal star of Valery Leontiev was opened on the Star Square in Moscow. in 1999 Leontiev was awarded the "Living Legend Award" at the Russian national music award "Ovation".
On the stage
- 1972 – First solo concert was in Vorkuta.
- 1975 – Tour in USSR
- 1978 – Tour in Belarus
- 1980 – First concerts in Moscow
- 1981 – First solo concerts in Oktyabrskiy Big Concert Hall, Leningrad
- 1981 – First participation in the finale of the festival "Song of the Year "
- 1981 – participated in the competition – festival "Yerevan-81".
- 1982 – Tour in USSR
- 1983 – concert program, "I'm just a singer" (18 sold-out concerts in Leningrad)
- 1984 – concert program, "I run for life"
- 1985 – concert program, "Alone with all", which became a cult. Because queues for tickets on a few central streets of Leningrad stopped traffic. 10 concerts
- 1986 – concert program "Star story" Tour in Czechoslovakia.
- 1987 – concert program "Favorites", Tour in Bulgaria.
- 1988 June – 1989 November – rock opera "Giordano", more than 50 concerts in Moscow and Leningrad. Leontiev plays 3 main roles (out of 4!) – Giordano Bruno, a clown and Satan.
- 1988 – show "A matter of taste, tour in India
- 1988–1989 grand tour of cities of the USSR. For example, only one Novosibirsk in 1988 Leontiev gives a series of 27 recitals. and in Almaty 33 solo concerts.
- 1990 – show "It seems to me that I have not lived" in the Olympic Stadium. Concerts in USA, India, Germany, Israel
- 1991 – Tour in India, Canada, USA, Germany
- 1992 – Tour in Israel, Canada, USA
- 1993 – show "Full Moon" – first super-show in Russia
- 1994 – show "Beauty and Casanova" – the first concert of pop star with a symphony orchestra in Russia. With the participation of the sex symbol of the 1960 Gina Lollobrigida. Tour in Israel.
- 1996 – show "On the road to Hollywood", touring in the USA., Germany, Israel, Canada
- 1998 – Concert on the Star Square, a solo concert at the 50 th anniversary of the State of Israel (Tel Aviv, 14 May 1998), a tour in Germany, the United States and the United Arab Emirates
- 1999 super-show "Photographer of Dreams", a tour to Russia, Ukraine, Israel, United States, Canada, Germany, Baltic states
- 2001 super-show "Unnamed Planet", a tour to Russia, Ukraine, Baltic States, United States, Germany.
- 2002 – concert in Atlantic City, Moscow, Kiev, Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, Minsk. Tour in Baltic states, Israel, Germany
- 2003 – concert tour of "The Sixth Life" (Russia, Ukraine, United States, Germany, Israel)
- 2004, concert in Los Angeles, 11–14 March – solo concerts in Oktyabrskiy Big Concert Hall.
- 2004, 12 March – The 300th solo concert in St. Petersburg.
- 2005 – concert program, "Valery Leontiev presents ..." (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus..)
- 2006–2008 – Tour to Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, Israel
- 2009–2010 an anniversary show of "I love you, miss you, I'm waiting. Tour in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Azerbaijan, USA., Israel, Australia, concert in Sydney, Melbourne.
- 2011 - 21–22 October – concert in the Kremlin Palace of Congresses (the show "The best ever!")
- 2012 – Tour with a concert program "The best ever!", dedicated to the 40th anniversary of creative activity (Russia, Ukraine, Сanada, USA);
- 2012 - 21–22 October – concert in the Kremlin Palace of Congresses (show "By popular demand ...")
- 2013 – Tour in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- 2014 – 19, 21, 22 March – The anniversary concerts in the Oktyabrskiy Big Concert Hall, St. Petersburg; 28 March – the anniversary concert in the State Kremlin Palace, concert in Geneva, Israel
- 2015 – Creative Evening of Valery Leontiev in Sochi. Tour in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Germany.
- 1979 – 1st Award at the All-Union Contest in Yalta for the best performance of the songs of the Soviet nations
- First prize of the XVI International Festival "Golden Orpheus" in Bulgaria (1980)
- "ZD Awards 1980" – singer of the year 
- "Performer of the Year 1981" according to the contest, "Estrada-81" (Komsomolskaya Pravda)
- "Singer of the Year 1983" according to a poll of readers of the newspaper "Smena" 
- "Singer of the Year 1984" according to a poll of readers of the newspaper "Smena"
- "Singer of the Year 1985" according to a poll of readers of the newspaper "Smena"
- "ZD Awards 1985" – singer of the year
- "ZD Awards 1986" – singer of the year
- "The best song of 1987" on the basis of open voting ITAR-TASS in the USSR, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and others – megahit "White Crow"
- "Singer of the Year 1988" on the basis of open voting ITAR-TASS
- "Singer of the Year 1990" according to the All-Union charts TASS
- "Best song of 1990" according to the All-Union charts TASS "Wicked Way"
- World Music Awards in Monte Carlo, the prize Golden treble clef for "Best-selling soviet recording-artist of the year" (1991)
- "Singer of the Year 1992" according to chart hit of the newspaper "Vechernyaya Moskva"
- "Pesnya goda 1992" (At the gate of the Lord) according to chart hit of the newspaper "Vechernyaya Moskva"
- "Ovation 1993". Prize – "for nondecreasing artistry" (created specifically for Valery Leontiev)
- "ZD Awards 1996" for best show of the year – "On the road to Hollywood
- "Ovation 1996" for best show, "On the road to Hollywood"
- "Ovation 1996" in nomination "Singer of the Year"
- Pesnya goda 1997 – awarded a special prize for a great contribution to the development of Russian pop music.
- "Ovation 1998", the prize is "Living Legend" 
- "Stopudoviy Hit 1998" – award from the radio station Hit FM for the song "Nine chrysanthemums"
- 28 March 1998 – the inception of a star on the Star Square (Moscow).
- "ZD Awards 1999" for best show of the year – "Photographer of Dreams"
- "Ovation 1999" for best show, the spectacle "Photographer of Dreams"
- "Golden Gramophone 1999" for the hit "Everybody wants to love"
- "Stopudoviy Hit 1999" award from the radio station Hit FM for the song "Everyone wants to love"
- "Stopudoviy Hit 2000" award from the radio station Hit FM for the song "Augustine"
- "Golden Gramophone 2000" for the hit "Augustine" 
- "ZD Awards 2001" for best show of the year – "super show Nameless Planet"
- "Muz-TV 2003" special prize "For achievements in the development of popular music"
- Valery Leontiev listed in the Russian Encyclopedia (2005).
- "Golden Gramophone 2005" Special prize "For contribution to the development of the Russian pop music" 
- "Golden Gramophone 2008 "for the song "Dove"
- "God of the Ether 2009" in nomination "Radiorekord" (for the record number of rotations)
- "ZD Awards 2009" – Special prize "Legend"
- "ZD Awards 2014" – Special prize for a contribution to the development of Russian pop music.
- "Russian Music Awards 2015" - Special prize for a unique contribution to the development of the Russian pop music.
Honours and awards
|Image Valery Leontiev receives the Order of Merit for the Fatherland 4th class from Vladimir Putin, 2005|
|Image President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko present Through Art - to Peace and Understanding award to Valery Leontiev in Slavianski Bazaar in Vitebsk, 2009 |
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 4th class (19 March 2005) – for his great contribution to the development of music
- Order of Honor (2009) – for great contribution to the development of national music art and many years of creative activity 
- Order of Friendship (2014)
- People's Artist of Russia (9 March 1996)
- Merited Artist of Ukrainian SSR (1987)
- People's Artist of the Republic of Komi (2009)
- Honorary Citizen of Sakha Republic (2014)
- Medal "For Faith and Good" (2010)
- Lenin Komsomol Prize (1985) – for the promotion of Soviet pop songs of youth and high performance skills
- Prize of the Moscow Government in the field of literature and the arts (1996) – for the super show "Full Moon" and "On the way to Hollywood"
- Prize of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the field of literature and the arts (1999)
- Belarus president award Through Art - to Peace and Understanding presented by Alexander Lukashenko on 12 July 2009
- Public awards
- Order of Peter the Great, 1st class (2007)
- Order of Mikhail Lomonosov (2007)
- Order "For the rebirth of Russia. 21st Century" (2003)
| First Prize
|World Music Awards|
| Best-Selling Soviet Artist
| Living Legend Award
|Muz-TV Music Awards|
|| Contribution to pop music development
| Through Art - to Peace and Understanding
Vladimir Mulyavin and Pesniary
|Year (P)||Number||Original title||Title in English||Format||Label, country|
|1986||С60—23753-4||Дискоклуб 16(Б)||Disco club 16 B||LP|
|1986||С60—24623-4||Бархатный сезон||Velvet season||LP|
|1988||С60—26737-8||Я – просто певец||I am – just a singer||LP|
|1990||С60 30317 006||Дело вкуса||A matter of taste||LP, CD|
|1990||С60—30317-8||Грешный путь||Wicked Way||LP, CD||Melodiya, USSR|
|1993||SNCD – 3013||Ночь||Night||LP, CD||SNC records, Russia|
|1993||R90 02179-80||Полнолуние||Full Moon||LP, CD||Аprelevka Sound Inc, Russia|
|1994||R90 01913||У ворот Господних||At the gate of the Lord||LP||Aprelevka Sound, Russia|
|1995||AXMC 3-0038||По дороге в Голливуд||On the road to Hollywood||CD||APEX Records, Russia|
|1998||AXCD5-0054||Санта-Барбара||Santa Barbara||CD||DANA Music, Russia|
|1999||АРС027-99||Канатный плясун||Rope-Dancer||CD||АРС Records, Russia|
|1999||VL042/99-2||Каждый хочет любить||Everyone wants to love||CD||VL-Studio, Russia|
|2003||VL 045-02||Кленовый лист||Maple Leaf||CD||VL-Studio, Russia|
|2004||GR CD – 387||Ночной звонок||Night Call||CD||Grand Records, Russia|
|2005||GR CD – 433||Падаю в небеса||I fall into the heavens||CD||Grand Records, Russia|
|2009||МТ 1000294-230-1||Годы странствий||The years of wandering||CD||Monolit Records, Russia|
|2011||МТ 000410-738-1||Художник||Painter||CD||Monolit Records, Russia|
|2014||МТ 001091-383-1||Любовь-капкан||Love-Trap||CD||Monolit Records, Russia|
|2017||Это любовь||This is Love||CD||Gamma Music, Russia|
- 1981: In a strange feast (На чужом празднике)
- 1985: Do Not Marry, Girls (Не ходите, девки, замуж)
- 1985: Insurance agent (Страховой агент)
- 1992: Psychic (Экстрасенс)
Musical films and musicals
- 1979: Crimean Dawns (Крымские зори)
- 1979: The film-concert "Olümpiaregati tähed \ Stars Olympic regatta" CT USSR and ETV
- 1984: I do not say goodbye to you ( Я с тобой не прощаюсь)
- 1984: Winds Baltic ETV
- 1985: Stained glass maker (Витражных дел мастер)
- 1986: Clown with autumn in the heart (Клоун с осенью в сердце)
- 1986: How to become a star (Как стать звездой)
- 1987: Valery Leontiev (film)
- 1990: Valery Leontiev. Let me go with you (Валерий Леонтьев. Дай мне уйти с тобой)
- 1991: Valery Leontiev Sings ( Поёт Валерий Леонтьев)
- 1991: Valery Leontiev. Made in India (Валерий Леонтьев. Made in India)
- 1997: Saturday evening with Valery Leontiev (Musical film RTR)
- 1997: Such different Valery Leontiev (Такой разный Валерий Леонтьев)
- 1997: Parade parade is Valery Leontiev (Парад парадов представляет Валерий Леонтьев) movie channel TV-6)
- 2000: The reverse side of Valery Leontiev (Обратная сторона Валерия Леонтьева) movie channel ORT
- 2002: Cinderella (Musical film)
- 2003: Three tunes for the film Valery Leontiev (Три мелодии для фильма Валерия Леонтьева)
- 2009: Valery Leontiev in Komi (Валерий Леонтьев в Коми)
- 2009: I have not lived. Valery Leontiev (— Я ещё не жил. Валерий Леонтьев) movie channel ORT
- 2009: Valery Leontiev: Lost laughter (Валерий Леонтьев: Утерянный смех) movie channel Inter
- 2009: Benefit Valery Leontiev "The Book of Fate" (Бенефис Валерия Леонтьева "Книга судьбы") movie channel NTV
- 2012: Anniversary concert of Valery Leontiev "The best ever!" (Юбилейный концерт Валерия Леонтьева "Лучший навсегда!") concert channelORT
- 2012: "Hurtling time if a rider" ("Мчится время будто всадник") movie channel TV Tsentr''
Eurovision Song Contest 1987
The Soviet Union never participated in the Eurovision Song Contest, but it made several attempts in the late 1980s. In 2009 Eduard Fomin, a former employee of the Ministry of Education of the RSFSR, revealed that in 1987 George Veselov, the Minister of Education for the Soviet Union, brought forward the idea of Soviet participation in the Eurovision Song Contest due to the number of political reforms made by the President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev during the late 1980s. The idea was mainly a political one, with the thought that a win in the contest for the Soviet Union would impact on the relationships between the Soviet Union and the capitalist countries of the west. Valery Leontiev was suggested as a singer for the Soviet Union's first entry into the contest, but Veselov's ideas were not shared by the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, or by Gorbachev himself, believing it to be too radical a step to take, and so the Soviet Union never entered the contest before dissolving.
Statements about Leontiev
- President Vladimir Putin: "You rightly recognized master of song genre, artist who reached the summits of Pop Olympus thanks to genuine talent, professionalism and hard work"
- President Dmitry Medvedev: "Over the years, the bright stage career, you not only have gained a great love of fans, but also sets a high standard of music for the new generations of artists. The songs performed by you, always lead not only in the charts, but also in the hearts of an audience of millions".
- President Alexander Lukashenko: ""Great talent, unparalleled professional skills and constant creative search brought you a well-deserved fame and recognition around the world"
- Politician Valentina Matviyenko "You have created a stage persona which has never been on the stage and I am sure that nobody will never repeat, and you follow this image"
- Singer Muslim Magomayev: "Name Valery Leontiev enough just to name – and do not have any colorful definitions! Everything is clear! Living Classic of our stage".
- Singer Joseph Kobzon: ""Tragically, we have a unit of this magnitude stars – Pugacheva, Leontiev ... Those people who for many years retain their creative person and love of the public" 
- Apartment in the club house in the historic center of Moscow. Purchased in 1993.
- Villa in Coral Gables, Miami, Florida, USA (neighbors – Sylvester Stallone and Madonna). Purchased in 1996
- Apartment on Collins Avenue, Miami, FL, USA. Purchased in 2002.
- Apartment in Hallandale Beach, Florida, USA. Purchased in 2005
- Villa in Alicante, Spain (neighbors – Mikhail Gorbachev, Victoria Beckham). Purchased in 2008
- On account of Valery Leontiev there is even a duet with Vladimir Putin: in August 2006 in Sochi, a concert for the heads of the CIS, which Leont'ev worked for a program of four songs. In the final speech, when the artist was called for an encore, he decided to perform the song "Hope." Suddenly, he was joined by Vladimir Putin, at that time president of Russia – Leontiev handed him a microphone. Star duo snatched the applause, as the leaders of CIS countries, as well as fellow artists.
- Leontiev performing the hit "Margarita" in the presence of the President of Bulgaria, Slovakia, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine in 2008.
- Nu, pogodi! Episode 16 – Valery Leontiev song Green Light was played by the Wolf when he was caught by Baba Yaga, on the magical guitar. The Wolf does escape however, but lands on the water.
- Награждён указом президента России № 366 от 9 марта 1996 года Archived 2012-01-05 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Most famous, best Russian male singers. Top 10 list 2016. Sänger Russland". 6 June 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Валерий Леонтьев: Секс, шампанское и рок-н-ролл [Valery Leontiev: Sex, champaigne and rock-'n'-roll»]. Moskovskij Komsomolets. 17 March 2010.
- «В Саратове Валерий Леонтьев скрывался от поклонников» [«In Saratov Valery Leontiev was hiding from fans»]. Komsomolskaya Pravda. 19 November 2008.
- Вечерняя Москва.«"Валерий Леонтьев. Книга судьбы"» Archived 2012-01-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Красный день календаря. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Виниловое видео: "Маргарита" - 1989 год [Vinyl video - "Margarita" - 1989 year]. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Lollobrigida". YouTube. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- ""New wave 2015": Alsou and other guests creative evening of Valery Leontiev - beauty and health". Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "1980-82". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- «КОМСОМОЛЬСКАЯ ПРАВДА» (05.02.1982) - "ЭСТРАДА-81". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "ПЕСНЯ ГОДА. 1983-84". Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "1985-87". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "1988-91". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "1991 World Music Awards". Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Ovation 1998". YouTube. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6487973 Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6488117 Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Шери - В.Леонтьев. 16 October 2008.
- "Intermedia". Archived from the original on 2015-06-08. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- Валерий Леонтьев - Ягодка [Valery Leontiev - Berry]. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Золотой граммофон 2008 - В.Леонтьев [Golden Gramophone 2008 - V.Leontiev]. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Звуковая дорожка - 2009. 18 April 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "ZD Awards 2014". YouTube. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Russian Music Awards 2015
- CTVBY (11 July 2009). "ВАЛЕРИЙ ЛЕОНТЬЕВ НА СЛАВЯНСКОМ БАЗАРЕ". Retrieved 14 December 2016 – via YouTube.
- Награждение орденом [Order Award]. 18 July 2008.
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 19.03.2005 г. № 307 Kremlin.ru.
- Валерий Леонтьев получил очередной Орден Почета [Valery Leontiev received another Order of Honour]. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Путин наградил Валерия Леонтьева орденом Дружбы [Putin awarded Leontiev with the Order of Friendship]. Gazeta.ru. 31 March 2014.
- Поздравление от Президента России. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Валерий Леонтьев стал народным артистом Коми [Valery Leontiev became People's Artist of Komi]. Izvestia. 29 December 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Валерий Леонтьев стал почетным гражданином Якутии [Valery Leontiev became Honorary Citizen of Yakutiya]. Moskovskij Komsomolets. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- За аншлаги в Сибири Леонтьева наградили медалью. Moskovskij Komsomolets (in Russian). 26 May 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "Valery LEONTIEV". Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "No Belarus names on Star Alley in Vitsebsk". Euroradio.FM. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- Валерий Леонтьев получил "Орден Ломоносова" [Valery Leontiev received Order of Lomonosov]. 16 May 2007. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- Невероятно! Леонтьев должен был представлять СССР на Евровидение-87! (in Russian). nnm.ru.
- Президент поздравил народного артиста России Валерия Леонтьева с 55-летием [President congratulated the People's Artist of Russia Valery Leontiev with 55th birthday]. Kremlin.ru. 19 March 2004.
- Владимир Путин поздравил Валерия Леонтьева с 55-летием [Vladimir Putin congratulated Valery Leontiev with his 55th anniversary]. Komsomolskaya Pravda. 19 March 2004. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Валерию Леонтьеву, эстрадному певцу, народному артисту России [To Valery Leontiev, the stage singer, People's Artist of Russia]. Government of Russia. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Медведев поздравил певца Валерия Леонтьева с юбилеем [Medvedev congratulates singer Valery Leontiev on his anniversary]. 19 March 2014.
- "Archived copy" Лукашенко поздравил народного артиста России Валерия Леонтьева с 65-летием [Lukashenko congratulates People's Artist of Russia Valery Leontiev with 65th anniversary]. 22 March 2014. Archived from the original on 22 March 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
-  Retrieved 29 July 2015.
- http://magomaev.info/book/36.htm Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Казанове российской эстрады Валерию Леонтьеву исполняется 60 лет. 19 March 2009. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Maria Remizova (1 November 2005). У Валерия Леонтьева - три этажа, а Дмитрий Дюжев купил «однушку». Komsomolskaya Pravda.
- Maria Remizova (6 February 2002). У Юлии Бордовских две квартиры в Майами, а у Валерия Леонтьева уже четыре!. Komsomolskaya Pravda.
- Maria Remizova (23 April 2008). Валерий Леонтьев купил за 4 миллиона евро виллу в Испании [Valery Leontiev bought a villa in Spain for 4 million Euro]. Retrieved 21 June 2015.
- Певец Леонтьев заработает на аренде дома в Испании по соседству с виллой Горбачева. 23 April 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Путин спел дуэтом с Валерием Леонтьевым. Newsmusic.ru (in Russian). 18 August 2006. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Маргарита - Валерий Леонтьев [Margarita - Valery Leontiev]. 12 April 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valery Leontiev.|