This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ortiz at the 2014 Alma Awards
|Born||Valery Milagros Ortiz
August 1, 1984
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Height||5 ft 3 in (160 cm)|
Valery Milagros Ortiz (born August 1, 1984) is a Puerto Rican actress, dancer, singer, songwriter & author who is known for her role as Madison Duarte on the television series South of Nowhere, also for her role as Raquel Saldaña on VH1's "Hit the Floor".
Ortiz was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico and raised in Orlando, Florida. Passionate to become a "ballerina" and she explored her dancing talents after receiving a scholarship to The Southern Ballet Theater Performing Art Centre in Orlando. She continued dancing but eased out of it in middle school as her interest in theatre and acting grew. She worked in Orlando as an extra on the Universal Studios backlot. Following in her older brother's footsteps, she was accepted into the Dr. Phillips High School performing arts magnet program. After four years of study, Ortiz began working in several productions like Latins Anonymous (Orlando Fringe Festival), West Side Story as Maria, A Midsummer Night's Dream as Helena, The Vagina Monologues (Orlando Premiere) and The Edinburgh, Scotland Fringe Festival.
While attending the University of Central Florida for a Bachelor in Fine Arts, Ortiz was given an opportunity to work on television show, Splat! as a host. After the first season, a two week road trip "vacation" to Los Angeles turned into permanent relocation to Los Angeles. Ortiz quickly started working on a local television show called LATV Live as a VJ.
While working at the Hard Rock Cafe as a hostess, Ortiz was cast as in the comedy Date Movie as Jell-O, a Jennifer Lopez impersonation. During the movie's filming, she was cast the television series South of Nowhere. Shortly after, she was cast in the pilot Emily's Reason's Why Not, which was picked up and aired in 2006. She currently is an anchor for Si TV and E! News. Ortiz was “One of the Top 25 Latinas of 2006” from Maxim en Español. Ortiz currently portrays the role of "Raquel Saldana" in Hit the Floor, a new scripted VH1 series that premiered May 2013.
- "Our host: Valery Ortiz". Americanlatino.tv. Retrieved 25 August 2011.
- Y., Madiha (2014-05-05). "Chit Chat with Puerto Rican Actress, Singer and Dancer Valery Ortiz!". missoandfriends.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Rodriguez, Priscilla (2014-07-21). "Valery Ortiz Talks VH1's Hit the Floor & Meeting Jennifer Lopez". latina.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Latin Times Media Exclusive Interview Actress Valery Ortiz". latin-times.com. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Valery vs. Raquel". Mr DREAMZ: 6. Summer 2014. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "Valery Ortiz Joins AfterBuzz TV’s ‘Spotlight On’ to Talk Career, Fitness and More". eurweb.com. 2014-03-14. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Femme on Fire: Valery Ortiz |". playboy.com. 2013-05-29. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Spotlight: Actress Valery Ortiz has all the right moves". celebzter.com. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
|2008||From a Place of Darkness||Rosa|
|2005–2008||South of Nowhere||Madison Duarte||Starring Role|
|2006–2007||What About Brian||Roxanne|
|2006||Emily's Reasons Why Not||Waitress|
|2007–2009||On the Up||Herself||Host|
|2008||10 Items or Less||Buck's Friend #2|
|2009–2011||Diary of a Single Mom||Lupe|
|2009||Cold Case||Marisol Acosta|
|2010||Melissa & Joey||Celeste Vega|
|Two and a Half Men||Tracy|
|2011||In the Flow with Affion Crockett||J-Lo / Kim Kardashian 2011|
|2013–2016||Hit the Floor||Raquel Saldana|
- Official website
- South of Nowhere Cast Profile
- Valery Ortiz at the Internet Movie Database
- Valery Ortiz as Raquel Saldana on VH1's Hit the Floor (TV series)
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|