Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum
|Location||Space Coast Regional Airport
6600 Tico Road
|Website||Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum|
The Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum is located at the Space Coast Regional Airport, 6600 Tico Road, in Brevard County, just south of Titusville, Florida. The VAC contains vintage aircraft and a 30,000-square-foot (2,800 m2) hangar with a restoration area. The VAC also has a Memorabilia Hall with flight gear, dress uniforms, weapons and artifacts. The collection includes fixed and rotary wing aircraft from World War I to the present. The flagship aircraft of the museum is a Douglas C-47 Skytrain called "TICO Belle" which returned to flying status in July 2009 after the aircraft was involved in an accident.
The museum collection includes:
- Planes under restoration:
|Aircraft||Registration||Joined||Restoration start date||Notes|
|North American F-100C Super Sabre||2015||April 2016||In Resto For Static Display|
|Boeing B-52 Stratofortress||Cockpit only.|
|English Electric Canberra TT.18|
|Grumman TBM-3E Avenger||Flight Testing|
- Planes built by American manufactures:
Planes built by other manufacturers:
|de Havilland DH.82A Tiger Moth|
- Florida Today. The Fact Book: Your Guide to Brevard County (Melbourne, Florida: Florida Today, February 28, 2004), p. 119.
- Lyn Dowling. "Warbird Air Museum opens hangar doors," Florida Today, November 09, 2007, TgIF 25.
- Valiant Air Command website
- "Restoration Hangar". VACWM. February 3, 2016.
- "Static Collection". VACWM. February 3, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum.|