This article does not cite any sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Valkyre performing at Metal Female Voices Fest (Wieze,Belgium) in 2007.
|Genres||Symphonic metal, gothic metal|
Gert de Groot
Cid Jimenez Guisado
|Past members||Mieke Diependaele|
Valkyre' was formed at the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005 by Kris Scheerlinck after leaving his former band Sengir. The band consists of different well-trained musicians coming from different styles of music but with the same common interest: melodic atmospheric metal.
Only a few months after the first gigs the band decided in the autumn of 2005 to record a demo at the Excess studio in the Netherlands with Hans Pieters known for his work with After Forever, Epica and Gorefest. This demo is for sale since the spring of 2006 and resulted in excellent sales worldwide and successful concerts through Benelux, France and Italy.
In 2007 the band hired Cid Jimenez as the new violin player to replace Joris Derder, who left because of a shortage of time due to his professional musical career. He still supports the band today with the Ghent University Choir.
In September 2007 the band recorded its second demo Consolamentum, at the Excess studio. The demo was first released at the Metal Female Voices Fest in October 2007 and was immediately sold out. In November 2007 lead singer Mieke Diependael decided she wanted to give another direction to her life. Mieke's last concert was the Darkfest in Italie in feb08.
In March 2008 Valkyre welcomed Kristell Lowagie (ex-Skeptical Minds) as new lead singer, but she left the band in January 2009.
Valkyre's style can be described as a mixture of gothic metal,classical music, folk music and melodic metal.
- Claudia Michelutti (lead vocals)
- Nele Colle (keyboards)
- Erik Vanhauwaert (guitar)
- Kris Scheerlinck (guitar)
- Peter Van Sweevelt (drums)
- Mieke Diependaele - vocals
- Kristell Lowagie (vocals)
- Gert de Groot (guitar)
- Fred Stiens (bass)
- Gaelle Pruvost (keyboards/backing vocals)
- Matijs Vandenberghe (drums)
- Cid Jimenez Guisado: (violin)
- Carolien Groenendaels (vocals)
- Marcel van Montfort: (arrangements/choir/guest vocals)
- Joris Derder: (arrangements/choir/guest vocals/violin)
- Johan de Clus: (hurdy-gurdy/bag pipes/tin whistle)
- 2006 - On Both Sides We Pray
- 2007 - Consolamentum