Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin
|Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin|
|Developer(s)||Dokidoki Groove Works, Seventh Chord|
|Publisher(s)||Square Enix (Japan)|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin (ヴァルキリーアナトミア -ジ・オリジン- Varukirī Anatomia: Ji Orijin) is a role-playing video game published by Square Enix for iOS and Android devices. The game is a prequel to the original Valkyrie Profile story, and was released in Japan in April 2016.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2016)
The game is split up into missions, with story cutscenes between. The player controls the protagonist valkyrie, along with a party of up to three recruited Einherjar. During missions, the player is presented with a map of points which cost AP, or stamina, to move between; AP replenishes over time or can be purchased through in-app purchases. AP is also used to heal after battles, or freeze enemies during a battle. At each point on a map, the player enters a 3D area; there, they fight monsters and collect treasure chests. Combat has the player tapping their party's character portraits when their action bar is full, and swiping up with the correct timing to use their special abilities. A combo gauge also slowly fills to allow special attacks. Characters use weapons which are collected from chests and defeated enemies; weapons can be combined and upgraded, and in-game currency is used to increase the chance of better equipment being generated. In-game currency is also purchasable through in-app purchases.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2016)
The story takes place before the plot of the original Valkyrie Profile. The setting is inspired by Norse mythology; the setting is divided up into nine worlds, including Midgard and Asgard. Prior to the start of the game, the "balance of the worlds" is lost, and the realms are plunged into an unending war. The people of the worlds await the coming of the "Battle Maiden Valkyrie" to end the turmoil.
The game was announced on April 11, 2016 by Square Enix. The games graphics were developed by Square Enix's CGI making subsidiary Visual Works. The game's development staff included producer Yoshinori Yamagishi, composer Motoi Sakuraba, and scenario writer Bun-O Fujisawa. The game released on April 28, 2016 for iOS and Android devices.
Within two weeks of release, the game exceeded one million downloads.
- "Watch the first hour of Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin - Nova Crystallis". 1 May 2016. Archived from the original on 9 July 2016.
- Romano, Sal (2016-04-13). "Valkyrie Anatomia story set before Valkyrie Profile, first trailer coming April 14". Gematsu. Archived from the original on 2016-05-17. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Valkyrie Anatomia now available in Japan - Gematsu". 27 April 2016. Archived from the original on 2 May 2016.
- Sato (2016-04-11). "Valkyrie Anatomia: The Origin Announced By Square Enix". Siliconera. Archived from the original on 2016-06-03. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Sato (2016-04-22). "Valkyrie Anatomia Trailer Shows A Glimpse Of Its Battle, Being Worked On By Visual Works". Siliconera. Archived from the original on 2016-06-17. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- Sato (2016-05-10). "Valkyrie Anatomia Surpasses One Million Downloads". Siliconera. Archived from the original on 2016-06-16. Retrieved 2016-06-08.
- "Valkyrie Anatomia's Tutorial Available In Japan, Service Begins April 28". 27 April 2016. Archived from the original on 30 June 2016.