Valkyrien Allstars during GranittRock 2010 (photo by Chell Hill)
|Genres||Norwegian traditional folk music, Folk rock|
|Members||Tuva Syvertsen |
Valkyrien Allstars (established 2003 in Oslo, Norway) is a Norwegian Hardingfele Trio whose music is based on Norwegian traditional folk music. They present many different genres and styles with a very distinctive sound.
In 2006 Valkyrien Allstars was awarded Grappa's Debutant prize and received a recording contract under the direction of Grappa Music Publishing. Their debut album Valkyrien Allstars was released 1 October 2007 on the label Heilo. The band was nominated for Spellemannprisen 2007 in the open class Newcomer of the Year, and the album gained platinum album status in 2008. On 31 August 2009 they released their second album To Måner, and the third Ingen Hverdag in 2011, all of which were under the Heilo label.
- Standard lineup
- Tuva Syvertsen (Vocals, Hardingfele, Accordion)
- Ola Hilmen (Hardingfele)
- Erik Sollid (Hardingfele)
- Additional musicians
- Magnus Larsen (Double bass)
- Martin Langlie (Drums)
- Gammleng-prisen 2012 in the category Traditional folk music
- 2007: Valkyrien Allstars (Heilo)
- 2009: To Måner (Heilo)
- 2011: Ingen Hverdag (Heilo)
- 2014: Farvel Slekt Og Venner (Heilo)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valkyrien Allstars.|
- "Valkyrien Allstars - Live At The Office". Listen to Norway MIC.no. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Valkyrien Allstars på kontoret" (in Norwegian). Norsk Musikkinformasjon MIC.no. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Valkyrien Allstars - Fredag 20. april på Figurteateret" (in Norwegian). Figurteateret.no. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
| Recipient of the Traditional folk music Gammleng-prisen