Vallathol Nagar railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
First platform of Vallathol Nagar railway station
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Shoranur-Cochin Harbour section|
|Fare zone||Southern Railway|
Vallathol Nagar railway station (VTK) falls between Shoranur Junction and Mullurkara railway station in the Shoranur-Cochin Harbour section of Thrissur District. Vallathol Nagar railway station is operated by the Chennai-headquartered Southern Railways of the Indian Railways. It is the base station for Kerala Kalamandalamand last station in the Thiruvananthapuram railway division.
The station is named after Vallathol Narayana Menon or popularly known as Mahakavi Vallathol, Kerala’s greatest poet in Malayalam language. Vallathol Narayana Menon was instrumental in establishing the Kerala Kalamandalam in Cheruthuruthi, a major centre for learning Indian performing arts, especially those that developed in Kerala.
- "Bank engine derails near Vallathol Nagar". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Forty assistant stationmaster’s posts axed in Thiruvananthapuram railway division". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Vallathol Nagar Railway Station". Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "He fell on the same track where Soumya was pushed off train". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Demand to name station after poet". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|