Vallavarayar Vandhiyadevan was a feudatory of the Chola kings from the Mavali clan he is one among the famous Vana chieftain of the cholasRaja Raja Chola I and Rajendra Chola I the elder sister of Raja Raja I. The territory under his authority was known as Vallavaraiyarnadu. Vandiyadevan is idealized in Kalki's romantic novel Ponniyin Selvan.
He hails from the famous Mavali Clan who are called as Vanar, banas, vanthiryar and vonkovarayar Kalki Krishnamurthy strongly believed his clan is Vaanar Kulam (Bana Kingdom / Magadai Mandalam) Ponniyin Selvan.
- Ponniyin Selvan
- Gokul Seshadri's Ponniyinselvan Facts and Fiction
- Sadasiva Pandarathar's Pirkala Chozar Varalaaru (Annamalai University Publication)
|Tamil Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
- Ponniyin Selvan - Complete Novel in Tamil Wikisource (Unicode)
- Rajakesari, a new novel written by Gokul Seshadri, happens during the later part of Rajaraja Chola's life. It is a historic thriller that can be read in full from Varalaaru monthly e-magazine's website.To read the novel, Click here
- Cherar Kottai (Part-II of Rajakesari), another novel also by Gokul Seshadri happens during the early part of Rajaraja Chola's life. It fully explains the circumstances under which Rajaraja makes his first and memorable victory over Kanthaloor Chalai - a chera martial arts academy. It is a historic fiction that can be read from Varalaaru monthly e-magazine's website.To read the novel, Click here
- Kalvettu Sonna Kadaigal Series in Varalaaru.com Magazine
|This article about the literature of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|