Valley Catholic School
|Valley Catholic School|
|4275 Southwest 148th Avenue
Beaverton, Oregon 97078
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic
Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon
|Principals||Doug Ierardi, Jennifer Gfroerer, Krista Jacobson, Melissa Doxtator|
|Enrollment||1,000 (2016–2017 academic year)|
|Color(s)||Royal blue and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Cowapa League 4A-1|
|Accreditation||Northwest Accreditation Commission|
The school is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon. Until 1991, it was an all-girls school and was named St. Mary of the Valley Academy (colloquially known as "St. Mary's"), but at the start of the 1991–1992 school year boys were admitted for the first time, and the school was renamed Valley Catholic School.
The school's athletic nickname is the Valiants. In fall 2014, the high school sports program moved from being a 3A program in the Oregon School Activities Association's West Valley League, to a 4A program in OSAA's Cowapa League.
- Gregory, Roger (May 12, 2010). "Robert Weber named new president of Valley Catholic School". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- "OSAA - Error". osaa.org. Retrieved 2015-06-25.[dead link]
- Vance, Miles (July 2, 2014) [published online June 27]. "Valley Catholic looks ahead to challenges in Class 4A Cowapa". The Oregonian. p. A8. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- Holley, David (December 21, 2008). "With fewer answering the call, sisters are rare in classrooms". The Oregonian.
- Thompson, Carla (September 18, 1985). "Non-public schools check enrollment". The Oregonian (West Metro ed.). p. B4.
- Gaynair, Gillian (October 8, 1998). "Friends struggle to absorb two deaths". The Oregonian. p. C3.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|