Valley Forge High School
|Valley Forge High School|
Official Valley Forge Seal
|9999 Independence Boulevard
Parma Heights, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County) 44130
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Parma City School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Jeffrey Graham|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and White |
|Athletics conference||Northeast Ohio Conference|
|Rivals||Normandy High School, Parma Senior High School|
|Athletic Director||Chris Medaglia|
Valley Forge High School is located in Parma Heights, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. It is one of three high schools in the Parma City School District, which is one of the largest school districts in the state of Ohio, serving the cities of Parma, Parma Heights, and Seven Hills. The school's colors are navy blue and white; its sports teams are known as the Patriots. Valley Forge High School athletic teams compete in the Northeast Ohio Conference.
In the 2005 Marching Season, Valley Forge Patriot Marching Band became the first band in the Parma City School District to earn the right to attend and perform at the OMEA Marching Band State Finals in Columbus, Ohio. The band performed as a Class AA band. The band was later presented with a commendation for this achievement by the Board of Education for Parma and Parma Heights.
On March 1, 2008, Valley Forge High School was the site of a town hall meeting by President Barack Obama. He spoke to a crowd of 1,300 in the high school's auditorium on topics including the foreclosure crisis and health care.
- James Dalessandro - American writer and filmmaker
- Jim Kovach - former National Football League linebacker of the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers
- Jamie Meder - Cleveland Browns defensive lineman
- Barb Mucha - professional golfer and former LPGA Tour member
- Benjamin Orr - co-founder of the rock band The Cars
- Stan Parrish - former quarterbacks coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and offensive coordinator for the University of Michigan
- Muhamed Sacirbey - ex-UN ambassador for Bosnia
- Christopher Smith - American actor, director, and improviser best known for his appearances on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
High School Athletic Association State Championships
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Parma City School District Website". Retrieved 2007-02-28.
- "Member Schools". NOC. 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Wrestling". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.