Valley Head, West Virginia
|Valley Head, West Virginia|
|Census-designated place (CDP)|
Outside Valley Head
|• Total||0.975 sq mi (2.53 km2)|
|• Land||0.975 sq mi (2.53 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,372 ft (723 m)|
|• Density||270/sq mi (110/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||304 & 681|
|GNIS feature ID||1555870|
Valley Head is a census-designated place (CDP) in Randolph County, West Virginia, United States. Valley Head is located on U.S. Route 219 12 miles (19 km) south-southwest of Huttonsville. Valley Head has a post office with ZIP code 26294. As of the 2010 census, its population was 267.
- Country musician and Grand Ole Opry member Wilma Lee Cooper was born in Valley Head in 1921.
- Banking executive Jean Yokum was born in Valley Head in 1931.
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Valley Head has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Valley Head, West Virginia
- ZIP Code Lookup
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 644.
- Krewatch, Mark (October 28, 1996). "High Profile: Jean Yokum". Daily Press.
- Climate Summary for Valley Head, West Virginia
|This article about a location in Randolph County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|