Valley Ridge, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Ward Sutherland|
|Elevation||1,030 m (3,380 ft)|
|• Average Income||$104,947|
|Area code(s)||+1-403, +1-587|
|Website||Valley Ridge Community Association|
Valley Ridge is a residential neighbourhood in the northwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is located at the western edge of the city, south of the Bow River and north of the Trans-Canada Highway. The Valley Ridge golf course is located in the northern part of the community. The community is located on the former site of the Happy Valley Campground, which was a major destination for visitors to Calgary until it was closed in the 1980s; the campground was located where the golf course is now situated.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Valley Ridge had a population of 5,013 living in 1,768 dwellings, a -0.6% increase from its 2011 population of 5,042. With a land area of 3.3 km2 (1.3 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,519/km2 (3,930/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $144,800 in 2010, and there were 4.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2010, 17% of the residents were immigrants. Consisting mostly of single-family detached homes, only 1.4% of the housing is used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Valley Ridge Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- "City of Calgary Community Profiles - Valley Ridge" (PDF). calgary.ca. The City of Calgary.
- "The City of Calgary Community Profiles - Valley Ridge" (PDF). calgary.ca. The City of Calgary.
- Federation of Calgary Communities - Valley Ridge Community
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|