Valley Township, Guernsey County, Ohio
|Valley Township, Guernsey County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Guernsey County.
|• Total||22.6 sq mi (58.6 km2)|
|• Land||22.6 sq mi (58.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Density||105.3/sq mi (40.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086191|
Valley Township is one of the nineteen townships of Guernsey County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,378 people in the township, 1,939 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Richland Township - east
- Buffalo Township, Noble County - south
- Spencer Township - west
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Valley Township is located in Scioto County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Guernsey County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.