Valley View Independent School District (Hidalgo County, Texas)
Valley View Independent School District is a public school district covering 10 square miles (26 km2) in the cities of Hidalgo, McAllen and Pharr, Texas. Located just 2 miles (3.2 km) from the border with Mexico, Valley View ISD serves 4,366 students in Grades PK-12.
Valley View's soccer team is in the top 20 rank in the whole nation. Year after year, they have been eliminated in the quarter-finals then in the semi-finals. The Tigers have reach the final, which they lost in the final minute of playing time. Being down for most of the game the Tigers tie the game in the minute 70. But in the last ten minutes they went down again in the game for a second time. The game end with the score 2-1 with was the only loss of the year.
Jose "Torito" Soto score more than 70 goals in the season breaking the state record. As well the nation record and personal record. Soto leading the most goals in a season for the four time in a row.
David Garcia is rank #1 in the world in the division for 114 lbs in a power lift competition, which he won in Reno, Nevada.
- Valley View High School (Grades 9-12) (With only a couple of hundreds T-STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics] freshmen each year)
- Valley View Early College Campus (Grades 8-9)
- Valley View Junior High School (Grades 6-7)
- Valley View 5th Grade Campus (Grade 5)
- Valley View Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Valley View North Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Valley View South Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- Wilbur E. Lucas Elementary (Grades PK-4) (Named after a founder of the Valley View Independent School District)
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- "National Blue Ribbon Schools Program: 2018 National Blue Ribbon Schools" (PDF). United States Department of Education. Retrieved January 18, 2019.