Valmont School, built in 1911 (2010 photo)
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||5,180 ft (1,580 m)|
|• Density||221/sq mi (85.2/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
Valmont is located in southeastern Boulder County, east of the city of Boulder, between Boulder Creek to the north and 200-foot-tall (60 m) Valmont Butte to the south. Valmont Road runs through the center of the community.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Valmont CDP has an area of 0.35 square miles (0.9 km2), of which 0.27 square miles (0.7 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 23.63%, is water.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank. Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 50.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Valmont CDP, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Valmont, Colorado.|