(Redirected from Valve (music))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up valve in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A valve is a device that regulates the flow of fluids.
Valve may also refer to:
Types of valves
- Piston valve, a part in many brass instruments, used to control notes.
- Poppet valve, a valve consisting of a hole and a tapered plug on the end of a shaft, typically used in instruments, engines, etc.
- Heart valve, valves in the heart that maintain the unidirectional flow of blood
- Vein valve, valves in veins and other fluid cords in body
- Lymphatic valve, valves in lymphatic vessels
- Vacuum tube, also called "thermionic valve", an electronic component
- Mercury-arc valve, a type of electrical rectifier tube
- Valve Corporation, a video game developer and digital distribution company
- Valve hall, a building which contains the valves of the static inverters of a high-voltage direct current plant
- Valve Records, an Australian record label
- Valve (mollusc), the shell of a mollusc
- Valve (diatoms), the siliceous unit that makes up one half of a diatom cell
- Valve (botany), part produced by the splitting of a capsule or pod when ripe
- Valve, a paired clasping process on the genitalia of male moths
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Valve.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.