|Type||Virtual reality headset|
|Release date||June 28, 2019|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Display||2880×1600 (1440×1600 per eye) LCD @ 90Hz, 120Hz, or 144Hz|
|Sound||Integrated headphones, 3.5mm audio jack, built-in microphone|
|Controller input||Valve Index Controllers (formerly known as Knuckles controllers)|
|Camera||Front-facing 960×960 stereo cameras|
|Connectivity||DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0 expansion port|
|Supports HTC Vive and Vive Pro Controllers and HTC Vive and Vive Pro Base Stations|
|Related articles||HTC Vive|
Valve Index is a virtual reality headset created and manufactured by Valve Corporation. Announced on April 30, 2019, the headset will be released on June 28, 2019. The headset uses a 1440×1600 LCD panel for each eye for a combined resolution of 2880×1600. The panels are full RGB and can operate at frame-rates of 90, 120, or 144 frames per second. The headset uses an improved version of Valve's Lighthouse tracking system. The headset is intended to be used with the Valve Index Controllers, known during development as the Knuckles Controllers,, but is also backwards compatible with the HTC Vive and HTC Vive Pro controllers. Valve Index will support both the Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Tucker, Jake (2019-04-30). "Valve Index Headset: Price, release date, specs for Valve's new VR headset". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Hollister, Sean (2019-04-30). "Valve's Index VR headset will officially cost $999, and here's what it's all about". The Verge. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Headset - Valve Index - Upgrade your experience". Valvesoftware.com. Valve Corporation. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "Valve Index Headset on Steam". Steam Store. Valve Corporation. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Machkovech, Sam (2019-04-30). "Valve Index reveal: The best of VR's first generation—but is it worth $999?". ArsTechnica. Conde Nast. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- Higham, Michael. "Valve Index Impressions - A Necessary But Incremental Step For PC VR". GameSpot. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Lang, Ben (2019-04-01). "Valve Index and Knuckles Pre-orders Confirmed for May 1st, Shipping in June". Road to VR. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- "Valve's Index VR Headset Will Support Linux". Tom's Hardware. 2019-04-07. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|