|Created by||Chris Nee|
|Based on||Vampirina Ballerina|
by Anne Marie Pace
|Voices of||Isabella Crovetti|
James Van Der Beek
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Dee Bradley Baker
Ian James Corlett
Jordan Alexa Davis
|Opening theme||"Vampirina" theme by Isabella Cramp, Lauren Graham, and James Van Der Beek|
|Ending theme||"Vampirina" theme (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||75 (147 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||24 minutes (2x 12-minute segments)|
|Production company||Brown Bag Films|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Junior |
|Original release||October 1, 2017 –|
June 28, 2021
Vampirina is a computer-animated children's television series created by Chris Nee. Based on the Vampirina Ballerina series of books written by Anne Marie Pace and published by Disney-Hyperion, the series was announced in March 2016 and premiered on Disney Junior and Disney Channel on October 1, 2017. It features much of the staff that has worked on another program created by Nee, Doc McStuffins.
The series ended on June 28, 2021, after 3 seasons and 75 episodes.
Vampirina follows the story of Vampirina "Vee" Hauntley who becomes the new kid on the block after she and her family move from Transylvania to Pennsylvania to open a local bed and breakfast called the Scare B&B for visiting ghouls (including vampires) and goblins. The Hauntley family have to learn to do things the "Pennsylvania way," especially when Vee is at school, all while keeping their monster lives a secret from humans so they don't scare them.
- Vampirina "Vee" Hauntley (voiced by Isabella Crovetti)  is a physically 8-year-old vampire, but biologically near 200 years old as stated in "Countess Vee". Unlike in the books, in the TV adaptation she and her family have blue skin and super-speed. She is the lead singer and spookylele player of her band, the Ghoul Girls.
- Oxana and Boris Hauntley (voiced by Lauren Graham and James Van Der Beek) are Vee's parents who are the proprietors of the Scare B&B.
- Demi Hauntley (voiced by Mitchell Whitfield) is a blue ghost who lives with the Hauntleys. He is Vee and Gregoria's sidekick.
- Gregoria (voiced by Wanda Sykes) is a 473-year-old gargoyle who is Vee's sidekick.
- Poppy Peepleson (voiced by Jordan Alexa Davis) is Edgar's sister and Edna's daughter who is Vee's best friend. She is the first human who discovers Vee's true identity, but promises not to tell anyone. She's the drummer and the youngest of the Ghoul Girls. She is 8-years-old. In "Double Double Halloween Trouble", she and her family are revealed to be Hispanic. Her first name is probably chosen as a reference to Gothic author Billy Martin's pen name Poppy Z. Brite (cf. her brother's first name being that of Edgar Allan Poe).
- Bridget (voiced by ViviAnn Yee) is a very shy and nervous girl who is another one of Vee's friends. She also soon discovers Vee's identity, and like Poppy, promises to keep it secret. She has a pet Sphynx cat named Miss Cuddlecakes. She's the bassist and the smartest of the Ghoul Girls. She is also 9-years-old. She is revealed to be partly Jewish in "Double Double Halloween Trouble".
- Edgar Peepleson (voiced by Benji Risley) is Poppy's brother and Edna's son who is Vee's friend. He is a monster enthusiast and runs a vlog called "Weekly Weirdness". In the Season 2 finale episode "Ghoul Guides Save the Day!", he finally learns Vee's secret of her family being vampires, and the fact that monsters are actually real when he visits Vee's home town, Transylvania for the first time. However, just like Poppy and Bridget, he promises not to tell anyone. He is the percussionist and twin member of the Ghoul Girls. He is 8-years-old. Similarly to his sister, Edgar's first name is probably chosen as a reference to a Gothic author - namely Edgar Allan Poe.
- Wolfie Hauntley (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) is a purple dog who is the Hauntley's house pet. He can assume a werewolf-like form during a full moon or by drinking milk.
- Penelope is a plant monster who is the Hauntley's house pet.
- Chef Remy Bones (voiced by Ian James Corlett) is a skeleton who is the head chef of the Scare B&B. He speaks with a French accent.
- Edna Peepleson (voiced by Cree Summer) is Poppy and Edgar's mom.
- Nanpire and Grandpop (voiced by Patti LuPone and Brian Stokes Mitchell) are Vee's grandparents.
- Mr. Gore (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) is Vee's human school teacher.
- Cosmina and Narccissa (voiced by Alex Ellis and Laraine Newman respectively) are two 800-year old internet-using vampire sisters who were guests at the Scare B&B.
- King Pepi (voiced by Andrew Rannells) is a mummy from Egypt.
- Nosferatu "Nosy" (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) is Olga’s baby daughter and Vampirina's baby cousin.
- Aunt Olga (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) is Vampirina's aunt, Nosy’s mother, Oxana’s sister and Boris’ sister-in-law.
- Matilda (voiced by Lara Jill Miller) is a cuddly Snugglot monster.
- Mr. Froufington (voiced by Phil LaMarr) is a foodie who visits the Scare B&B to try Oxana's food.
- Phoebe (voiced by Sanai Victoria) is a little witch who first appears in "The Little Witch".
- The Scream Girls are Vee's favorite goulish rock band.
- FrankenStacey (voiced by Kaley Snider)
- Creepy Caroline (voiced by Raini Rodriguez)
- Ghastly Gayle (voiced by Gabriela Milo)
- Buttons (voiced by Nika Futterman) is a blue Cuddle Monster.
- Hornadette and Shriekia (voiced by Georgie Kidder and Debi Derryberry respectively) are a two-headed monster whose two heads are sisters.
- Rusty Topsail (voiced by Christian Borle) is a ghost pirate.
- Bob Bigfoot (voiced by Ethan Suplee) is an old friend of Boris who is often called "Uncle Bob" by Vee.
- Poltergeist Pat (voiced by Adam DeVine) is an arrogant entertainer who cheats in order to win a talent show.
- Frankenstein (voiced by Skylar Astin) is an old friend of Boris who tends to forget things.
- Bride of Frankenstein (voiced by Anna Camp) is the girlfriend of Frankenstein who gets engaged to him.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||49||25||October 1, 2017||November 23, 2018|
|2||49||25||December 7, 2018||April 10, 2020|
|3||49||25||October 5, 2020||June 28, 2021|
Vampirina premiered on Sunday, October 1, 2017 in the United States with two back-to-back episodes simulcast on Disney Channel and Disney Junior. Of the first season's 15 episodes, 10 premiered within the month of October to tie into Halloween and were also placed on Disney Junior's streaming and video on demand venues. In Canada, the show premiered on Disney Junior on October 7, 2017. In January 2018, a second season was announced by Disney, which premiered on December 7, 2018. A third season was announced on September 7, 2018, which premiered on October 5, 2020. Vampirina is broadcast in 115 countries and translated into 15 languages. The series concluded with its series finale in June 2021 after 75 episodes.
|Region||Set title||Seasons||Aspect ratio||Episode count||Time length||Release date|
|1||Vampirina: Volume 1: Meet The New Girl On The Block!||1||1.78:1||4 (half-hours)||92 minutes||Oct 17, 2017|
|1||Vampirina: Ghoul Girls Rock!||6 (half-hours)||144 minutes||Nov 6, 2018|
|1||Disney Junior Holiday||2 (half-hours)||143 minutes||Oct 23, 2018|
Awards and nominations
|2018||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program||Nicky Phelan, Marten Jonmark, Ehud Landsberg, Matteo Ceccotti and Kristi Reed||Nominated|
|Outstanding Main Title and Graphic Design||Nicky Phelan, Stephen Robinson, Leigh Fieldhouse and Magnus Kråvik||Nominated|
|Outstanding Writing in an Animated Preschool Program||Chris Nee, Chelsea Beyl, Travis Braun and Jeffrey King||Nominated|
|2019||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Preschool Animated Program||Jay Culliton, Carlos Sanches and Eric Lewis||Nominated|
|Outstanding Sound Editing for a Preschool Animated Program||Otis Van Osten, Marcos Abrom, Jason Oliver, Eric Lewis, Goeun Lee||Won|
|2020||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Preschool Children's Animated Series||Chris Nee, Cathal Gaffney, Darragh O'Connell, Norton Virgien, Chelsea Beyl, Gillian Higgins, Colm Tyrrell, Lisa O'Connor, Erik Vignau, Nayanshi Shaw and Jeffrey King||Nominated|
|Outstanding Original Song in a Children's, Young Adult or Animated Program||Michael Kooman, Christopher Dimond and Chris Nee for The Vamp-Opera: “The Vamp Opera”||Nominated|
- Steinberg, Brian (4 March 2016). "Disney Junior Renews 'Lion Guard,' Orders 'Vampirina,' 'Puppy Dog Pals'". Variety.
"Vampirina" is inspired by Disney Publishing's popular children's book series "Vampirina Ballerina," and tells the story of a young vampire girl who becomes the new kid in town when her family moves from Transylvania to Pennsylvania. The show will be led by many of the executives behind "Doc McStuffins,"
- "a ghoulish girl in the human world" in opening lyrics, a pair of vampires are the first guests
- "Lauren Graham to Voice a Vampire in Disney Junior Animated Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- Hauntley, Vampirina. "Portrait of a Vampire". Vampirina.
You really brought out the blue in my cheeks.(also "I may be blue with pointy teeth" in opening lyrics)
- "Disney Junior's Vampirina to Debut on October 1". LaughingPlace.com. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- Petaski, Denise (22 January 2018). "'Vampirina' Renewed for Season 2 by Disney Junior". Deadline.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- Kimberly Nordyke (7 September 2018). "'Muppet Babies,' 'Vampirina,' 'Puppy Dog Pals' Renewed at Disney Junior (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Evans, Greg (28 September 2020). "Disney Junior's 'Vampirina' Taps Broadway & TV For Season 3 Guest Star Line-Up: Audra McDonald, Christopher Jackson, Taran Killam, Mayim Bialik, Among Others".
- "Listings - VAMPIRINA on DISNEY JUNIOR - TheFutonCritic.com". www.thefutoncritic.com.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (6 December 2021). "Inside Line: Scoop on The Flash, Nancy Drew, FBI: International, NCIS: Hawai'i, Chicago Fire, Vampirina and More". TVLine. Retrieved 6 December 2021.
- "Amazon.com: Vampirina: Volume 1: Isabella Cramp, Lauren Graham, James van der Beek, Patti Lupone, Brain Stokes Mitchell, Wanda Sykes, Cree Summer: Movies & TV" Amazon.