Vamsa means family in south Indian language. It also refers to Lord Krishna, who was the survivor in the family of god. Vamshi is a south Indian word that means bamboo flute . It derives from the Sanskrit word "Vams", which means bamboo. Vamse is some time referred to krishna as he was the Various compounds of the word Vamsi refer to Krishna, who is described as playing bamboo flute in Indian mythology. Vamsi and its variations are popular names in southern India, especially among Telugu people. Most of the people believe that the word "Vamshi" means divine flute.
Vamsi may refer to:
- Vamsi (film), 2000 Indian Telugu language film
- Vamshi (film), a 2008 film
- Vamsy (b. 1956), Indian film director, writer and music director
- Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi (b. 1962), Indian film director and producer
- Vamsi Krishna, Indian actor
- Vamsi Paidipally, Indian actor
- Vakkantham Vamsi, Indian actor and screenwriter
- Vamsi Mootha, Indian-American physician-scientist
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Vamshi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.