Van Buren High School (Ohio)
|Van Buren High School|
|217 South Main Street
Van Buren, Ohio, (Hancock County) 45889
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Van Buren Local Schools|
|Color(s)||Orange and Black |
|Athletics conference||Blanchard Valley Conference|
|Team name||Black Knights|
|Athletic Director||Ryan Hite|
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
The Black Knights compete in the following sports:
- Soccer (Boys' and Girls')
- Golf (Boys and the first Girls team in the history of Hancock County)
- Cross Country (Boys' and Girls')
- Volleyball (Girls')
- Basketball (Boys' and Girls')
- Wrestling (Boys', was coed 2004-2005)
- Track & Field (Boys' and Girls')
- Indoor Track
The Black Knight Football team has won the Valley Division of the BVC in 2014 & 2015 and advanced to the state playoffs each of the last 2 seasons with 3 playoff wins to their credit.
The Black Knights are well known for their success on the golf course, in which they have won or shared a BVC title since 2007. The Black Knights have also advanced to the state tournament in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 receiving State Runner Up in 2016.
Van Buren High School is known in Ohio for its music department, mainly in vocals. The concert choir has received multiple Superior ratings at state contest. Along with the choir, Van Buren is home of the decorated show choir group "The Association," which competes in class C.
The Van Buren Black Knight Marching Band on November 6, 2009, traveled to Dublin, OH to compete in State Marching Band Finals for the first time in Van Buren history. They received a "II" (Excellent) rating and missed a "I" (Superior) rating by one point. The BKMB has since competed at State Finals 4 times receiving a Superior in: 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Website". Retrieved 2006-12-31.