Van Buren Township, Grant County, Indiana
|Van Buren Township|
Location of Van Buren Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.51 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.48 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.08%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||54.5/sq mi (21.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453946|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.51 square miles (92.0 km2), of which 35.48 square miles (91.9 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water. The streams of Brushy Run, Little Black Creek and Roods Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jefferson Township, Huntington County (north)
- Salamonie Township, Huntington County (northeast)
- Jackson Township, Wells County (east)
- Washington Township, Blackford County (southeast)
- Monroe Township (south)
- Center Township (southwest)
- Washington Township (west)
- Wayne Township, Huntington County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Cory, Doyle, Farrville, Landess, Lee and Masonic.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|