Van Buren Township, Monroe County, Indiana
|Van Buren Township|
Township hall, located in Stanford
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.85 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.85 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||925 ft (282 m)|
|• Density||343.8/sq mi (132.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47403, 47404|
|GNIS feature ID||0453950|
Van Buren Township was established in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.85 square miles (90.3 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bloomington (west edge)
- Elwren at
- Garden Acres at
- Highland Village at
- Kirby at
- Leonard Springs at
- Stanford at
- Van Buren Park at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Harmony and Keller.
Airports and landing strips
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State Senate District 40
- "Van Buren Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 381.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Van Buren Township
||Clay Township, Owen County||Richland Township||Bloomington Township|
|Beech Creek Township, Greene County||Perry Township|
|Center Township, Greene County||Indian Creek Township||Clear Creek Township|