|Directed by||A. L. Vijay|
|Produced by||A. L. Azhagappan|
|Music by||Harris Jayaraj|
|Distributed by||Kona Film Corporation|
Vanamagan (English: The son of the jungle) is an Indian Tamil-language action adventure film written and directed by A. L. Vijay. The film features Jayam Ravi and Sayyeshaa in the lead roles, while Varun plays a pivotal role with Harris Jayaraj as the music composer. The venture began production in September 2016. The film was released on 23 June 2017.Tarzan - The HE Man Is a Hindi Dubb version of Vanamagan.Copyright Sold To Goldmine Teleflims Pvt Ltd.
Kavya and her friends plan to celebrate their New Year in Andaman. There they behave too notorious. While escaping from police for their deeds, Kavya hits a tribal named Jara with her car. Jara is heavily injured in the head. Kavya decides to save him by giving better treatment, so she brings him to Chennai. At first, there were too many misunderstands between them as Jara doesn't know her language. After some time, she starts to train him, and a beautiful bond starts between them, in spite of not knowing their languages. Vicky, Kavya's friend, tries to force on her, who is later saved by Vaasi (Jara). Vicky's father is a billionaire who wants to punish Jara. Kavya tries to help Jara, but he is taken away to Andaman. Kavya too reaches Andaman. Rajashekar too goes to Andaman in search of Kavya, but she says she wants to stay with the tribe as she loves Jara and his way of living rather than city life. Jara and Kavya fall in love, and Rajashekar leaves them without punishing.
- Jayam Ravi as Jara (K. Vaasi)
- Sayyeshaa Saigal as Kavya
- Prakash Raj as Rajashekar
- Thambi Ramaiah as Puli Pandian
- Varun as Vicky
- Vela Ramamoorthy as Jara's father
- R. S. Shivaji as Visa Issuer
- Sanjay Bharathi as Assistant Director
- Thalaivasal Vijay
- Ramya Subramanian
- Sam Paul as Michael Raj
- Srinivasan as Suriyaprakash
- Milton Raju as Tama
- Ravi Venkatraman
After the success of Madarasapattinam, A. L. Vijay planned to cast Suriya in the lead role. Suriya liked the script, but the role did not materialise due to budget constraints. Later in November 2015, it was reported that A. L. Vijay would direct a film starring Jayam Ravi in the lead role. The actor confirmed that the duo would begin work on the project in the middle of 2016, following the completion of his other films. The film was reported to be about a man who escapes from the lost kingdom of Kumari Kandam. In May 2016, Vijay confirmed that the project would begin later in the year and revealed that the film would be shot extensively in the Andaman Islands. Music composer Harris Jayaraj and cinematographer Tirru were also brought in for the project.
The film was subsequently launched in September 2016 with production beginning thereafter in Chennai. Sayyeshaa was signed on to portray the leading female role in the film, marking her debut in Tamil films. Sanjay Bharathi and Varun also signed on to work on the film, with the latter revealing that he would play the heroine's love interest and that Jayam Ravi would portray a tribal man who finds himself in the city. The film teaser was officially released on 6 February 2017. The background score of the teaser was that of an African tribal music and was well received.
Initially the film had its release date fixed on 19 May 2017. Due to the announcement of film industry strike on 30 May 2017, the producer has postponed the theatrical release to 23 June 2017. Satellite of this movie sold to Zee Tamil.
|Soundtrack album by Harris Jayaraj|
|Released||22 April 2017|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Harris Jayaraj chronology|
The film's original soundtrack is scored by Harris Jayaraj, his first collaboration with director A. L. Vijay and third film with actor Jayam Ravi after Dhaam Dhoom and Engeyum Kaadhal.This is Jayaraj's 50th film as a composer. The complete album was released on 22 April 2017, being the 50th film for Harris Jayaraj.
|1.||"Damn Damn"||Madhan Karky||M. M. Manasi, Sherin Shahana||3:57|
|2.||"Yemma Yea Azhagamma"||Madhan Karky||Bombay Jayashree, Haricharan||5:27|
|3.||"Silu Silu"||Madhan Karky||Vijay Yesudas||5:19|
|4.||"Morada Morada"||Madhan Karky||Benny Dayal and Krish||4:10|
|5.||"Pachchai Uduthiya Kaadu"||Madhan Karky||Abhay Jodhpurkar, Harini||5:35|
|6.||"Vanam (Theme)"||Instrumental||Maria Roe Vincent and Flute Kamalakar||2:27|
- Vanamagan (2017) | Vanamagan Tamil Movie | Vanamagan Review, Cast & Crew, Release Date, Photos, Videos – Filmibeat. Filmibeat.com. Retrieved on 17 August 2018.
- "Sayyeshaa upbeat about Vanamagan". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 18 June 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Vanamagan Movie (2017) | Reviews, Cast & Release Date in – BookMyShow. In.bookmyshow.com. Retrieved on 17 August 2018.
- Suriya: Suriya turned down 'Vanamagan' | Tamil Movie News – Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (3 May 2017). Retrieved on 2018-08-17.
- ‘I haven’t watched the Tarzan films’. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 17 August 2018.
- "Jayam Ravi opens up on film career after Thani Oruvan — The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Jayam Ravi Vijay new period film about Lemuria continent — Tamil Movie News — IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Jayam Ravi, Vijay to shoot an action-romance in Andaman — Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Jayam Ravi- Vijay project to begin on September 5 – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Sayyeshaa roped in for Jayam Ravi- AL Vijay film — Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Varun on his next film with director Vijay and Jayam Ravi". Behindwoods. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Jayam Ravi’s next with AL Vijay titled as Vanamagan. Behindwoods.com (9 December 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-17.
- Watch: Vanamagan Teaser Released. Boxofficereporter.com (6 February 2017). Retrieved on 17 August 2018.
- Jayam Ravi Vanamagan Audio from Tomorrow April 22, 2017. Kollywood.net. Retrieved on 17 August 2018.
- "Vanamagan release postponed due to Kollywood strike". Top 10 Cinema. 10 May 2017. Retrieved 13 May 2017.