|Editorial Director||Anicka Quin|
|Company||Yellow Pages Limited|
Vancouver Magazine is an English-language lifestyle magazine focused on Vancouver, British Columbia and the Lower Mainland. Vancouver Magazine describes its mission as informing, guiding and entertaining residents of a "dynamic, international city." The main areas of coverage are city issues, culture, restaurants, drinking, fashion and travel.
History and profile
Founded in 1967, the magazine started its life as Dick McLean's Greater Vancouver Greeter Guide. In 1973 it became known as Vancouver's Leisure Magazine, when editor Mac Parry took over, though over the course of a few months it was retitled as simply Vancouver.. Parry would go on to be editor for 16 years.
Vancouver Magazine published 10 times a year and is owned by the Yellow Pages, and shares an office and editorial staff with sister publication Western Living It also currently publishes the special interest annual magazine Best of the City and Neighbourhood Guide. Yellow Pages acquired Vancouver Magazine and Western Living from Transcontinental in 2015.
In 2012, it won Magazine of the Year - Western Canada at the Western Magazine Awards.
- "A Year in 5 Minutes". Spacing. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "A rouge's life: Mac Parry spills the beans". Vancouver Sun. 19 June 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Why Yellow Pages bought Vancouver and Western Living magazines". BC Business. 2 June 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Winners of 2012 Western Magazine Awards announced". J-Source. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Vancouver Magazine - Official site. Retrieved 12 February 2013.