|Location||Vancouver, Washington, USA|
|Address||8700 N.E. Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA 98662|
|Opening date||August 1977|
|Developer||May Centers, Inc., a subsidiary of May Department Stores|
|Management||Centennial Real Estate|
|Owner||Centennial Real Estate Co.|
|No. of stores and services||140 (as of 2007[update]|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||883,000 square feet (82,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Vancouver Mall, is a shopping mall owned by Cenntenial Real Estate, and is located in the Portland suburb of Vancouver, Washington, U.S. It is anchored by JCPenney, Macy's, and Sears. Longtime past anchor stores included Meier & Frank, Nordstrom and Mervyn's.
Vancouver Mall opened in August 1977 with Meier & Frank, Nordstrom and Sears as anchors. During phase two of mall expansion, a JCPenney was added; a Lipman's was also proposed but never built. Eventually, Mervyns would open where the Lipman's had been planned.
In 1998, the mall was renamed "Westfield Shoppingtown Vancouver", at which time the mall had 146 stores using 870,000 square feet (81,000 m2) of space. However, "Shoppingtown" was dropped from the name in September 2005, making it Westfield Vancouver mall.
In mid-2005, work was started on a 60,000-square-foot (5,600 m2) expansion to the Meier & Frank store by its then-owner, the May Department Stores Company, adding 30,000 square feet on each of two levels, completed in 2006. Following the acquisition of the May Company by Federated Department Stores, the Meier & Frank store was renamed Macy's in September 2006.
In February 2014, it was announced that Nordstrom would be closing its store at the mall. The store closed in January 2015, at which time the mall managers announced that Gold's Gym would move into the upper level and H&M would move into the lower level of the former-Nordstrom space.
On December 18, 2015 Vancouver Mall along with some other U.S. Westfield properties were sold to Centennial Real Estate Company. Any references to Westfield online or at the property were removed the same day. Mall management was retained.
- "Westfield Shoppingtown Vancouver". Westfield Group. Archived from the original on September 30, 2007.
- Hewitt, Scott (April 5, 2006). "Neighborhood focus: Van Mall". The Columbian. Neighbors section, p. 14.
- Brown, Craig (December 13, 1998). "Owners of mall opt to use full name". The Columbian. Vancouver, Washington. p. E1.
- Anderson, Julie (September 18, 2005). "Marketplace: Jobless rate not precise". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Nelson, Jonathan (September 9, 2006). "Macy's moves in". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Nelson, Jonathan (July 14, 2006). "Old mall, new challenges". The Columbian. p. E1.
- Lane, Steven (February 6, 2011). "Cinetopia to transform Westfield Vancouver mall". The Columbian. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- Lane, Steven (May 31, 2012). "Cinetopia to begin phased opening Friday". The Columbian. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- Njus, Elliot (February 5, 2014). "Nordstrom to close Lloyd Center, Westfield Vancouver stores". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Njus, Elliot (January 21, 2015). "Gold's Gym to take over former Nordstrom space at Westfield Vancouver mall". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2015-03-08.