Vandegrift High School
|Vandegrift High School|
9500 McNeil Drive|
Austin, Texas 78750
|School district||Leander Independent School District|
|Teaching staff||124.03 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.63|
|Color(s)||Black and silver|
The school is named for Marine Corps First Lieutenant Matthew Ryan Vandegrift, who was killed in action on April 21, 2008. The school's first year of operation, 2009, was at adjacent Four Points Middle School, and it then transferred to the Vandegrift campus at the start of the 2010 school year.
26 AP classes are offered:
- English III AP
- English IV AP
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Physics C
- AP Economics
- AP European History
- AP Human Geography
- AP Psychology
- AP United States Government
- AP United States History
- AP World History
- AP French IV
- AP Latin IV
- AP Spanish IV
- AP Spanish V
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Art Drawing
- AP 2D Art
- AP 3D Art
- AP Art History
- AP Music Theory
The demographic breakdown of the 1875 students enrolled in 2013-14 was:
- Male - 50.7%
- Female - 49.3%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.4%
- Asian/Pacific Islander - 7.7%
- Black - 3.4%
- Hispanic - 14.6%
- White - 70.6%
- Multiracial - 3.3%
5.8% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Its feeder schools are Canyon Ridge Middle School and Four Points Middle School.
This article needs to be updated.(July 2017)
In November 2013, Vandegrift High School achieved its first non-academic state title when the marching band achieved first place at the UIL Class 4A State Marching Band Championships.
The girls' soccer team won the 2014 UIL Class 4A championship.
The boys' golf team won the 4A state championship in 2014.
- "VANDEGRIFT H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- "Search for Public Schools - Search Results for Vandegrift High School". nces.ed.gov. US Department of Education. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Leslee Bassman (29 September 2010). "Vandegrift HS formally dedicated". Hill Country News. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Leander ISD Report: District prepares to open Four Points Middle School". Cedar Park-Leander Statesman. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "VHS Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "How Does Vandegrift High School Rank Among America's Best High Schools?". usnews.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Mervin Malone (10 December 2013). "Leander ISD Makes History at State Marching Band Contest". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Danny Davis (19 April 2014). "Vandegrift girls win state soccer championship". Statesman. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- Danny Davis (29 April 2014). "Westlake and Vandegrift win golf titles". Statesman. Retrieved 28 December 2014.