|Studio album by|
|Studio||Sol Studios, Cookham, England|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Producer||Vandenberg & Stuart Epps|
|Singles from Vandenberg|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||10/10|
Vandenberg is the first studio album by the Dutch hard rock band Vandenberg, released in 1982 on Atco Records. The album was produced by Vandenberg with British sound engineer Stuart Epps and recorded at Jimmy Page's Sol Studios in England.
The power ballad "Burning Heart" was released internationally as the single from the album. The album peaked at number 65 on the Billboard 200 album chart in 1983 and AllMusic called it "easily one of the most underrated debut metal albums of the '80s."
Vandenberg was remastered and re-released on Wounded Bird Records in 2002.
Music and lyrics by Adrian Vandenberg.
- Side one
- "Your Love Is in Vain" - 4:15
- "Back on My Feet" - 3:55
- "Wait" - 5:11
- "Burning Heart" - 4:11
- Side two
- "Ready for You" - 3:57
- "Too Late" - 4:12
- "Nothing to Lose" - 3:23
- "Lost in a City" - 3:58
- "Out in the Streets" - 4:07
- Bert Heerink - lead vocals
- Adrian Vandenberg - guitars, keyboards, backing vocals, cover design
- Dick Kemper - bass guitar, Taurus pedals and background vocals
- Jos Zoomer - drums and background vocals
- Theakston, Rob. "Vandenberg - Vandenberg review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 382. ISBN 978-1894959315.
- "Vandenberg review". Dinosaur Rock Guitar. 20 May 2008. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- "Vandenberg Billboard Albums". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on 25 November 2012. Retrieved 2015-01-01.