Vanderlei Farias da Silva
Vanderlei with Santos
|Full name||Vanderlei Farias da Silva|
|Date of birth||1 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Porecatu, Brazil|
|Height||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 May 2019|
Vanderlei joined Paranavaí in January 2007. An undisputed starter for the side, he appeared in 24 matches as his side were champions of Campeonato Paranaense; he also kept two clean sheets in the final matches against Paraná.
On 8 May 2007 Vanderlei signed with Série B side Coritiba. He made his debut for the club four days later, starting in a 3–1 home win against Paulista. However, after the arrival of Édson Bastos, he acted mainly as a backup and appeared in only one further match, as his side returned to Série A after a three-year absence.
In mid-2008, after profiting from Bastos' injury, Vanderlei was handed a starting spot, which lasted until the former's return. He played his 100th match for the club on 2 October 2011, starting in a 0–0 away draw against Figueirense.
Vanderlei and Bastos shared spells as starters in the following campaigns. The latter left the club in 2012, and he was definitely appointed as the club's first-choice; he appeared in his 200th match for Coxa on 28 March 2013, in a 1–1 draw against Nacional.
On 30 November 2014 Vanderlei played his 300th match for Coxa, making several key stops in a 2–1 home win against Atlético Mineiro. He appeared in all league matches during the season as his side narrowly avoided relegation.
Vanderlei left Coritiba with 301 official appearances, being the eight with more appearances for the club overall.
On 23 January 2015 Vanderlei moved to fellow top level side Santos, after agreeing to a three-year contract. He made his debut for his new club on 8 February, starting in a 2–1 home win against Red Bull Brasil.
On 27 March 2015, Vanderlei suffered a facial injury in a 1–3 away loss against Ponte Preta, after colliding with Rildo. He subsequently underwent surgery, and was sidelined for three months, eventually losing his first-choice status to Vladimir.
Vanderlei was an important unit for Peixe during their 2016 Campeonato Paulista winning campaign, saving two penalties in the semifinals against Palmeiras. He made his 100th game for the club on 28 September of that year, starting in a 2–1 Copa do Brasil home win against Internacional.
On 20 January 2017, Santos' president Modesto Roma Júnior confirmed the extension of Vanderlei's contract until December 2020. He made his Copa Libertadores debut on 19 April, starting in a 0–0 away draw against Independiente Santa Fe.
Vanderlei played his 200th match for Peixe on 6 June 2018, starting in a 1–1 away draw against Corinthians.
- As of 27 May 2019
|Club||Season||League||State League||National Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
- Campeonato Paranaense: 2007
- Campeonato Paulista Team of the year: 2016
- Bola de Prata: 2017
- Campeonato Brasileiro Team of the year: 2017
- "Paranavaí segura Paraná e é campeão pela 1ª vez" [Paranavaí holds on against Paraná and is the champion for the first time] (in Portuguese). Terra. 6 May 2007. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Ficha técnica" [Match report] (in Portuguese). Coritiba's official website. 12 May 2007. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Vanderlei completa 100 jogos pelo Coritiba e elogia Edson Bastos" [Vanderlei completes 100 matches for Coritiba and praises Edson Bastos] (in Portuguese). Terra. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Empate ofusca 200º jogo de Vanderlei pelo Coritiba" [Draw overshadows Vanderlei's 200th match for Coritiba] (in Portuguese). Bem Paraná. 28 March 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Marca histórica: Vanderlei completa 300 jogos com a camisa do Coritiba" [Historical landmark: Vanderlei completes 300 matches with a Coritiba shirt] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 30 November 2014. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Coritiba confirma venda de Vanderlei" [Coritiba confirms sale of Vanderlei] (in Portuguese). Jornal de Londrina. 24 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Santos entra em acordo com Coritiba e acerta a contratação de Vanderlei" [Santos reaches agreement with Coritiba and completes signing of Vanderlei] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Coritiba negocia Vanderlei" [Coritiba negotiates Vanderlei] (in Portuguese). Coritiba's official website. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Em jogo morno, Santos passa pelo RB Brasil e segue invicto no Paulista" [In a warm game, Santos defeat RB Brasil and remain unbeaten at the Paulista] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 8 February 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Vanderlei sofre pancada no rosto e tem suspeita de fratura na face" [Vanderlei suffers a knock on the face and has suspect of facial fracture] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Vanderlei passará por cirurgia e só deve voltar na Série A" [Vanderlei will undergo surgery and may only return in Série A] (in Portuguese). Terra. 27 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Técnico anuncia Vladimir como titular contra Ponte; Vanderlei fica no banco" [Manager announces Vladimir as a starter against Ponte; Vanderlei stays on the bench] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Após falhas de Vladimir, Santos terá retorno de Vanderlei ao gol contra o Grêmio" [After Vladimir's flaws, Santos will have the return of Vanderlei on goal against Grêmio] (in Portuguese). O Estado de S. Paulo. 4 July 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Palmeiras reage no fim, mas Vanderlei brilha nos pênaltis e coloca o Santos na final" [Palmeiras react in the end, but Vanderlei shines and puts Santos in the final] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 24 April 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Santos vence Internacional na Vila e sai na frente na corrida por vaga na semifinal" [Santos defeat Internacional at the Vila and start ahead in the race for a semifinal spot] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Santos acerta renovação de contrato de Vanderlei até dezembro de 2020" [Santos complete renewal of Vanderlei's contract until December 2020] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Com um a menos, Santos empata com o Santa Fe e lidera grupo na Libertadores" [With one man down, Santos draw with Santa Fe and lead group in the Libertadores] (in Portuguese). O Estado de S. Paulo. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Vanderlei". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Santos domina seleção do Paulistão; Audax emplaca dois e mais o técnico" [Santos dominate the Paulistão team of the year; Audax include two and the manager] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Alô, Tite! Vanderlei quebra 'jejum' de 44 anos e leva Bola de Prata" [Hey, Tite! Vanderlei breaks 'drought' of 44 years and takes the Bola de Prata] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 4 December 2017. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- "Corinthians domina seleção do Brasileiro e tem quatro jogadores entre os melhores" [Corinthians dominate Brasileiro's Team of the Year and have four players amongst the best] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 4 December 2017. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Santos official profile (in Portuguese)