|Theme music composer||Dena Deadly|
|Opening theme||"Raise Your Glass"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||145 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Evolution Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||January 7, 2013 –|
Vanderpump Rules is an American reality television series airing on Bravo that debuted on January 7, 2013, with the first season originally eight episodes. A spin-off of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Vanderpump Rules features The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member Lisa Vanderpump in the title role and her staff at Vanderpump's West Hollywood, California, restaurant SUR.
Andy Cohen later announced during the February 4, 2013, Watch What Happens Live episode that there would be a Vanderpump Rules reunion. The reunion was filmed on February 9, 2013. It was announced in April 2013 that the series had been renewed for a second season. The second season debut was a two-hour crossover episode with the fourth-season premiere of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on November 4, 2013. The second season reunion was filmed on January 10, 2014. Vanderpump Rules was renewed for a third season in April 2014. The new season premiered on November 3, 2014.
The show was renewed for a fourth season, which premiered on November 2, 2015. The show was later renewed for a fifth season. On September 26, 2016, the trailer and cast were announced, along with the premiere date of November 7, 2016. On January 9, 2017, the tenth episode of the fifth season of Vanderpump Rules titled "Summer House Rules" served as a cross-over preview to Summer House.
Vanderpump Rules follows Lisa Vanderpump's employees at SUR, a restaurant in West Hollywood, as they work on building their futures in show business and become entangled in interpersonal drama. The series initially centered around new server Scheana Marie and her relationships with established employees: Stassi, Katie, Kristen, Tom and Jax.
- Lisa Vanderpump: A successful restaurateur, the co-owner of SUR. Best known as a cast member of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
- Kristen Doute: A former server at SUR, an aspiring actress.
- Katie Maloney-Schwartz: A server at SUR, and co-founder of Pucker and Pout, a beauty and wellness blog.
- Tom Sandoval: A bartender at SUR, an aspiring actor.
- Scheana Shay: A server at SUR, a singer and aspiring actress.
- Jax Taylor: A bartender at SUR, formerly a model.
- Stassi Schroeder (Seasons 1-3; 5-Present, Recurring Season 4): A former server at SUR.
- Tom Schwartz: (Season 3-Present, Recurring Seasons 1-2) Katie's husband, a model and aspiring actor.
- Ariana Madix: (Season 3-Present, Recurring Season 2) A bartender at SUR, an aspiring actress.
- James Kennedy: (Season 4-Present, Recurring Season 3) A former busboy at SUR, now a DJ.
- Lala Kent: (Season 6-Present, Recurring Seasons 4-5) A hostess at SUR.
- Brittany Cartwright: (Season 6-Present, Recurring Season 5) Jax's fiancée, a server at SUR.
- Peter Madrigal: The manager of SUR.
- Mike Shay: (Season 1-5) Scheana's ex-husband.
- Kristina Kelly: (Season 2-present) Stassi's friend, a server at SUR.
- Vail Bloom: (Season 3 only) A former hostess at SUR, an Emmy-nominated actress known for The Young and the Restless.
- Raquel Leviss: (Season 5-present) James's girlfriend .
- Billie Lee: (Season 6-present) A hostess at SUR.
- Beau Clark: (Season 7-present) Stassi's boyfriend.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||January 7, 2013||March 11, 2013|
|2||17||November 4, 2013||February 25, 2014|
|3||21||November 3, 2014||March 23, 2015|
|4||24||November 2, 2015||April 11, 2016|
|5||24||November 7, 2016||April 17, 2017|
|6||25||December 4, 2017||May 28, 2018|
|7||24||December 3, 2018||May 20, 2019|
After Show (2015-16)
On November 6, 2015, Bravo premiered a talk show titled Vanderpump Rules After Show which features conversations between the cast members of Vanderpump Rules discussing the same week's events and answering questions about their lives both on and off the show. The talk show was hosted by Julie Goldman and Brandy Howard.
How They Got Here (2017)
On November 27, 2017 Bravo premiered Vanderpump Rules: How They Got Here, a recap of all five previous seasons of Vanderpump Rules before starting the sixth season on December 4, 2017.
- "Andy Cohen Twitter Status". Twitter. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 2, 2013). "Bravo Greenlights 17 New and 18 Returning Unscripted Series". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (September 18, 2013). "Bravo Sets November Premiere Dates for 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills & Atlanta', 'Shahs of Sunset', 'Thicker Than Water' & More" (Press release). TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Gajewski, Ryan (January 13, 2014). "Vanderpump Rules Wraps Taping For Reunion Special — The Cast Tweets About the Crazy Day". Wetpaint Entertainment. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Ng, Philiana (April 8, 2014). "Bravo Developing Morgan Spurlock, Thom Beers Projects; Orders Real-Time Dating Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Nededog, Jethro (October 14, 2014). "'Vanderpump Rules' Return Set for November: Stassi Is Back". The Wrap. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 13, 2015). "Bravo's 'Vanderpump Rules' Renewed for Season 4". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- Ge, Linda (April 27, 2016). "'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' 'Vanderpump Rules' Among Bravo Renewals". The Wrap. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- Rosenfeld, Laura. "Vanderpump Rules Returns for Season 5 This November: Here's Your First Look at All the Drama". Bravo. The Daily Dish. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- Bricker, Tierny. "Vanderpump Rules' Season 5 Teaser Is Here and Has So Many Tears- and Major Wedding Drama". E Online. E News!. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Ep 10: Summer House Rules". Bravo. January 9, 2017. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Bravo Media Celebrates 'Vanderpump Rules' Stars Birthdays in Style with an Epic Two-Hour Special Airing Monday, January 9 at 9PM ET/PT". The Futon Critic. December 19, 2016. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Paiella, Gabriella (January 9, 2017). "A Tale of Two Birthday Trips: Part Two". The Cut. New York. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Stack, Tim (January 9, 2017). "'Vanderpump Rules' recap: 'Summer House Rules'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Jax Taylor Heads to the Farm This Summer for Vanderpump Rules: Jax & Brittany Take Kentucky". Bravo TV Official Site. 2017-04-10. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- Otterson, Joe (2018-04-11). "Bravo Renews 'Vanderpump Rules' and 19 Other Shows, Expands to Seven Nights a Week". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-12.
- "Engagements and Potential Splits: Relationships are Tested in Vanderpump Rules Season 7 Trailer". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Kristen Doute — Biography". Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "23 Minutes to Sunrise — Cast and Crew". Fandango. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- "Jax Taylor — Biography". Retrieved November 30, 2012.