|Directed by||Manoj Kumar|
|Written by||Manoj Kumar|
Sivaram Gandhi (Dialogues)
|Produced by||Thirupur Mani|
|Edited by||M. N. Raja|
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
Vandicholai Chinraasu is a 1994 Tamil-language masala film directed by Manoj Kumar. This remains the only Sathyaraj film as hero where A. R. Rahman composed the music. It was released on Tamil New Year Day. The film received mixed reviews.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (April 2022)
Chinnrasu lives with his father Rathnasamy and sister. Rathnasamy works in the forest office as a driver. Chinnrasu has an aim to become a district forest officer. Due to some problem, Rathnasamy gets a transfer order, and the family shifts in Vandicholai town. The first plot of the movie showcases the current situation of Chinnrasu. The movie starts from a scene where Chinnrasu is in the jail and will be hanged till death in a couple of month. Hearing this, Chinnrasu remembers his past life and how he gets such a punishment.
The soundtrack was composed by A. R. Rahman and the lyrics were written by Vairamuthu, Pulamaipithan and Na.Kamarasan. The soundtrack was also released in Telugu as Bobbili Paparayudu. Lyrics were by Vennelakanti.
|1.||"Senthamizh Naatu Thamizhachiye"||Vairamuthu||Shahul Hameed||4:17|
|2.||"Chitthirai Nilavu"||Vairamuthu||Jayachandran, Minmini||4:51|
|3.||"Ye Muthu Pappa"||Vairamuthu||Swarnalatha & Malgudi Subha||5:01|
|4.||"Edhu Sugam Sugam Adhu Veendum Veendum"||Vairamuthu||Vani Jairam & S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:25|
|5.||"Barota Barota"||Na. Kamarasan||S. Janaki & S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:34|
|6.||"Chinna Mayile"||Title Song||Shahul Hameed||2:17|
|1.||"Achu Telugu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:12|
|3.||"Singarayya Konda"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Malgudi Subha||4:32|
|4.||"Tholi Sukham Sukham"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Sujatha||4:34|
|5.||"Tharaka Cheluvu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Swarnalatha||4:46|
The Indian Express wrote, "There is nothing new in the story-line. Nor in the scenes. The performance are quite listless." K. Vijiyin of New Straits Times wrote that film "is for die-hard Sathyaraj fans". R. P. R. of Kalki felt Sathyaraj's acting prowess was wasted.
- "Vandicholai Chinraasu / வண்டிச்சோலை சின்ராசு (1994)". Screen4screen (in English and Tamil). Archived from the original on 19 November 2021. Retrieved 4 April 2022.
- "A.R.Rahman and the top heroes | Sathyaraj - Vandicholai Chinarasu". Behindwoods. Retrieved 19 May 2022.
- "Vandicholai Chinnarasu (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". Spotify. January 1994. Archived from the original on 4 April 2022. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Bobbili Paparayudu". Spotify. 28 December 2013. Archived from the original on 4 April 2022. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "The game of revenge". The Indian Express. 22 April 1994. p. 6. Retrieved 4 April 2022.
- Vijiyin, K. (21 May 1994). "Movie ending unresolved due to censor's scissors". New Straits Times. p. 27. Retrieved 4 April 2022.
- ஆர்.பி.ஆர். (15 May 1994). "வண்டிச்சோலை சின்ராசு". Kalki (in Tamil). p. 21. Archived from the original on 12 April 2022. Retrieved 12 April 2022.