|Census-designated place & Unincorporated community|
Location of Vandiver in Shelby County, Alabama.
|• Total||21.01 sq mi (54.41 km2)|
|• Land||20.47 sq mi (53.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.54 sq mi (1.41 km2)|
|Elevation||531 ft (162 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||128408|
Vandiver is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated community in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. Its population was 1168 as of the 2010 census. One structure in Vandiver, the Falkner School, is listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Wes Helms, former Major League Baseball player
- David McCluskey, professional boxer who fought future world champions Mike McCallum, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Julio Cesar Vasquez, and Glen Johnson.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 17, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Vandiver". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Properties on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage". Alabama Historical Commission. www.preserveala.org. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "David McCluskey - Boxer". Boxrec.com. 1962-08-04. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|