Borough of Vandling
Vandling Municipal Complex
Location of Vandling in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania.
|• Total||1.31 sq mi (3.40 km2)|
|• Land||1.31 sq mi (3.40 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||1,365 ft (416 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||543.03/sq mi (209.69/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Vandling is a borough in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 751 at the 2010 census. It is located immediately south of Forest City (population 1,911), which is in Susquehanna County.
Vandling is located at (41.633771, -75.469578).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 3.4 square kilometers (1.3 sq mi). 3.4 square kilometers; (1.3 square miles) of it is land and none of the area is covered with water.
As of the 2010 Census, there were 751 people, 309 households, and 203 families residing in the borough. The population density was 577.7 people per square mile (223.1/km²). There were 340 housing units at an average density of 102.1 per square kilometer; (261.5 per square mile;). The racial makeup of the borough was 96% White, 1.3% Black, 0.7% American Indian, 0.3% Asian, 0.5% from some other race, and 1.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.1% of the population.
There were 309 households, out of which 27.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.8% were married couples living together, 10.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.3% were non-families. 27.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 13.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 2.95.
In the borough the population was spread out, with 22.2% under the age of 18, 60.4% from 18 to 64, and 17.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42.5 years.
The median income for a household in the borough was $37,212, and the median income for a family was $46,250. Males had a median income of $32,250 versus $24,444 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $18,748. About 3.4% of families and 5.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.3% of those under age 18 and 6.5% of those age 65 or over.
Forest City Regional School District is a Preschool-12th grade public school district serving residents of Vanding Borough.
- "2017 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Mar 24, 2019.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 17 June 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.